Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Challenge Fly-In

National Challenge Fly-In

BACers,
    I just posted a National Challenge on the Events Calendar. In a nutshell I was asked to show my plane and furnish a ride to a young man interested in Aviation. I thought this was such a good idea I wanted to Challenge all BAC members to do the same. I know it is last minute but, I am trying to sweeten the pot by offering a free set of used sunshades to the member who displays his plane to the most newbies (no age limit ) or provides rides to the largest number of eager learners. The time to show is this Thursday through Sunday. Just post how many newbies you influenced and I'll send the winner the shades. This is on the honor system. No one will check up on the results. Let's just do some good and have some fun.
    Bob Lewis
    Last edited by Clinderman; 01-29-2015 at 12:30 AM. Reason: c.t.

I'll be home Friday, I have a church member who wants to take lessons. I'll post pix here.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848

Great Fun. I have had the pleasure of having a few guests in my plane that had never previously flown in any type of aircraft. In these cases I let them fly the take off. I think it is cool to be able to say that on very first flight they took, they actually performed the take off.

Rap
    wait a minute, you have to fly a beech aircraft........ Sitting in a project sundowner on the ground does not constitute a flight.

Those visors wont do you any good in a Grumman.
    Erick Cyders
    N1223T
    Beech Sundowner Aerobat

Guys if you put an infant in a pedal plane it counts ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by ecyders View Post
    Rap
    wait a minute, you have to fly a beech aircraft........ Sitting in a project sundowner on the ground does not constitute a flight.
    Next your gonna tell me that that applies to Musketeers too. Oh wait, mine doesn't have the seats installed yet.
    John W. Palmer

'67 BE A23A N3681Q
    '70 C 150K N6272G

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars.

States in which I have landed

Quote Originally Posted by ecyders View Post
    Rap

Those visors wont do you any good in a Grumman.
    Well, there goes my plan to sit in the SD project and make airplane noises. Dang, I coulda used those visors.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848

Guys these are sun shades. You put them in your windows when you park to keep the heat out. Sorry if I didn't describe the prize accurately.

Sun visors, sun shades, who cares. I plan to win.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848

Bob, If somebody wants the heat out of their plane now I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLewis View Post
    Guys these are sun shades. You put them in your windows when you park to keep the heat out. Sorry if I didn't describe the prize accurately.

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990