Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: '65 23A Musketeer Landing gear biscuits/donuts

Hi Mike, Darcy here. I led the redesign project for the retractable donuts' manufacturing process (in 2014) along with Mark Shindel's field assistance and lead engineer, Jon Durost (President/Owner of PSFI, the company I am now with). To my knowledge, the fixed donuts haven't had any issues.. the splitting issues were associated with retractable donuts having a date of MFR prior to 062014. Per FAA requirements, ALL retractable donuts that I had access to (from prior production runs), were permanently marked and rendered physically unusable (destroyed).

I installed donuts last March I got from you Darcy, but I remember the date on them was 2012. They do look good and no splitting yet. I thought they were from the new batch, but now don't know for sure.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Strange. You sure the 2012 DOM isn't on just the nose gear pucks? Retractables use the -7 (fixed pucks) on the nose and the -1's (retract pucks) on the mains..

Darcy, I bet you're right. We were probably looking at the nose gear donuts more since they were the last gear we did and definitely took more time. As you can imagine, I have no way of looking at the dates on the donuts now that they are installed. I have every confidence you know what you're talking about since you were involved in the redesign. Thanks for providing such an improved product.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Thank you, Mike and it was truly my pleasure.

Anything more happen to the bulk buy idea in post #34? I eventually will need to replace my MLG discs.

Andy-

Unfortunately, not at this time. John Persinger, BAC President, has been a great lead with AECI but recently there have been a "few bumps in the road" with the AECI leadership. BAC has always been cognizant of our members need for the landing gear shock discs. Stay tuned as we progress with potentential opportunities for replacement parts for our aircraft.
    Chris Nowak
    3DW - Springfield, MO

Hello Andy,
    I was the one that organized the last shock disc (donut) group buy. Prior to that several club members were looking for another solution besides AECI . My thought after reading all the research was reach out to them direct. Darcy now with PSFI was there at the time and we structured what I believe was a great relationship with them to get members discs with discounted shipping and a great price . Club members saved ,AECI sold around $30,000 in product .Most importantly in my view .The club watched transactions and monitored complaints and praises . Honestly there were only praises at the time .We had members with prior discs and AECI with Darcy there made it right . (someone can correct me if I am wrong) I have worked with several vendors through out the years , Micro VG, Aircraft and Marine, Plane covers, Navworx, Rosen, Powerflow ,Wilco ,Flying magazine ,and they all give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Currently and sadly AECI does not . They didn't renew membership . You had mentioned post # 34 which was put up by Mike Nielsen .Maybe he has a different avenue than me on this one . I only answered this because I wanted to clarify the Chris post. I was post # 31 .
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
    Andy-

Unfortunately, not at this time. John Persinger, BAC President, has been a great lead with AECI but recently there have been a "few bumps in the road" with the AECI leadership. BAC has always been cognizant of our members need for the landing gear shock discs. Stay tuned as we progress with potentential opportunities for replacement parts for our aircraft.
    Last edited by JOHNNYXRAY; 08-28-2016 at 08:18 AM.

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345