Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Valley Fly-in

Death Valley Fly-in

I'm heading to Stovepipe Wells on the 4th & 5th of March and will host a BAC Fly-in there on the 5th. Only one place to stay (unless you want to camp) and at this point there are 64 rooms available. Check out the Event Calendar for more details. I hope to see you there.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Airport identifier? Short list perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the event calendar, just click on the date and the details will appear. It's L09.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

5 hrs and 30 min enroute with seasonal winds. Other than typical winter weather, it might be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a long trip for a weekend. Dunno if I'd do that. OK, OK, so I went to Arlington once.... maybe twice. But that is a "fer piece" in a Sundowner!
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Marty, I have the date on my calendar. See you there weather permitting.
    I always wanted to go there. Hopefully we will see some the desert flowers in bloom. They are said to be stunning.

Bump. There has to be others that find this to be a neat gathering. Come on! Lets met in Death Valley and have some fun. I'm doing my best to get my wife to go with me. She will like you if you don't talk about airplanes.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Marty - - I would REALLY like to attend, but the distance is a little much for me. Let me know if you plan a fly-in on the east side of your neighborhood.

And post photos here too!

Nelson
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Looking at the potential route/flight plan. Lots of restricted air space north of Vegas!!
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by dystevens View Post
    Looking at the potential route/flight plan. Lots of restricted air space north of Vegas!!
    Yes, also Area 51. But I'd take a slightly longer, but easier route a little to the South. When I flew back home from Slida, I jumped the pass and headed South. I continued South, but if I was going West I'd turn right some place past Alamosa where I could clear the terrain, and then fly Farmington, Page, LAS and on to Stovepipe. You can over fly LAS class B at 10,500. No military areas that route until you get to the Death Valley area, but you fly under those. I hope the weather is good. Bring your camera as that flight path takes you over the North rim of the Grand Canyon. There are minimum enroute altitudes for crossing the Canyon. So look at the Canyon chart and plan accordingly. Best to be with flight following. But, don't try to descend though the Class B at Vegas. Approach will give you a complete tour of the Lake Mead shore line and Hoover Dam.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128