Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Central Fly-In KANE in North Minneapolis Saturday 4/15/17

North Central Fly-In KANE in North Minneapolis Saturday 4/15/17

Your are invited to a fly-in on Saturday, April 15th at AnokaCounty Airport, KANE, in north Minneapolis. Plan to arrive by 11:30 a.m.with lunch at noon. We can exchange maintenance stories, war stories andotherwise just have a good time. Andy Kavie may give us a tour ofhis plane which is down for major maintenance. Park at the wash pad by the control tower where there is limited room. From there you will see it is a very short walk to the shelteredpicnic table. Overflow planes can park via taxiway Charlie at the formerCirrus Apron, now called Lynx South. Self serve fuel is available betweenthe control tower and Lynx South. Right now the price is $4.19/gal. Spouses, kids, friends and anyone else you can load up are all welcome. Drive or fly. Please e-mail me a countwhen you know how many in your group are coming. We will watch weather asit gets closer and, if necessary, move the location to a weather appropriateone. My e-mail is niechiro@qwestoffice.net. My cell is 308-340-7283. If you have topark at Lynx South, call my cell phone for a ride to the picnic area. Here are a couple of diagrams of the airport and where things are:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

So far I have heard that we may have six possible pilots fly-in. Here are a list of possible pilots flying in:

Doug Gavin from Alexandria, MN.
    Fed Moskol, Madison, WI
    Bryan Sharp, Minot, N.D.
    Jack Shelton may taxi from his hangar on KANE field
    Andy Kavie of KANE whose plane is down for maintenance
    Andy Nielsen
    Mike Nielsen

Remember spouses, kids, unrelated guests are all welcome. Just give us as good a count as you can by April 14th.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Hope you all have fun. How is it that our region includes a fly in that is 7.5 hours away (1 way) from another part of the region? Does that happen in the eastern regions?
    Michael Dunlevie

N9185S has taken me, so far...

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

I plan to be there, Mike. Likely just me, but I'll let you know if that changes.

CB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

Mike, Our North Central region has over a half million square miles with only about 35 members in it. The only thing we can do is hold fly-ins in various parts of the region and try to spread them around. The toughest areas are North and South Dakota as I think I remember we only have 2 or 3 members combined in those states. The Pueblo, CO fly-in for May 13th is now postponed and that won't hurt your feelings as you were not going to be around anyway. Will try to get one scheduled there when our Colorado members can make it.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Yes I want those making it to have fun, sorry for the grip. That fly in we did in Colorado Springs was great, maybe we'll find a way for more, just one of the benefits of being able to fly around in the big west.
    Michael Dunlevie

N9185S has taken me, so far...

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

Just so you know Mike, I joined the Colorado Pilots Association in February and now I am following what they are doing. They to have a fly-in to Pueblo 4/15 to the museums. In May they have one to Hutchinson to the salt mines and Cosmosphere that sounds interesting. It only costs $20 per year to join and they have a lot of activity going, not that I want to chase you away from the BAC.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Weather willing I'll actually make it from Texas. I was planning to fly to Minnesota through 15th so I'll just move up a day.
    --
    Mark

We'll have to come up with a new award for reigonal fly-ins for the plane that comes the longest distance. LOL! It will be great to see you. Can we assume your first officer will be with you?
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

This fly-in is just 5 days away and it looks like we'll have good weather on Saturday. I am excited that there is quite a bit of interest in this one and we hope you can join us. Here are a list of those who are considering coming:

Jack Shelton from KANE
    Andy Kavie from Kane
    Joe Waggoner from KANE
    Andy & Laura Nielsen from KANE
    Kyle Setrum from Iowa
    Tom Braag
    Mark & Candy Gooderum from Texas
    Doug Gavin From KAXN (Alexandria, MN)
    Ken Schuler from KGFK (Grand Forks, ND)
    Fred Moskol from KMSN (Madison, WI)
    Bryan Sharp from Minot, N.D.
    Mike & Linda Nielsen from KMCK(McCook, NE)

Not all of those above are certain they will attend, but have expressed interest. It would be super if all of them plus family and friends come. I will need a more accurate count by the end of this week, so if your name is listed, please let me know if you are planning on attending for sure and how many you will be bringing with you.

They just inserted a 20% chance of showers Saturday into the forecast, and that is not much but we will keep an eye on that. So far we have a good chance of having great weather.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S