Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEET IN OKLAHOMA !! Dec 1st (or 2nd) - KOUN 11:00 am - Norman, OK

Moved to SUNDAY LUNCH (DEC. 2ND) - AT KOUN

LET'S GO FOR SUNDAY - - - NOT TOMORROW

Noon forecast is clear for tomorrow at KOUN, but 24 to 33 mph winds from 270. And possible marginal VFR in the early morning.

Sunday is forecasted for more agreeable winds. Noon Sunday is 320 at 9 mph, OVC at 12,000 ft (should be able to slip under that!)

So .... I will officially call the lunch meeting BAC fly-in for this Sunday, Dec. 2nd, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. KOUN, just south of Oklahoma City.

Hope to see you there

I will be wheels up from San Antonio about 7:30 am Sunday. Feel free to call Sunday morning (210-8341-1991) from 6:00 am to 7:00 am if needed. Look for the green-on-white Sundowner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

I just arrived at 10:40 am. Very smooth air the entire flight .... the airport is nice. Looks like a great tailwind is building for the return home.

This diner is AWESOME !! Definitely worth the 3 hr 20 minutes !!!

Hoping for some arrivals ... but with all-you-can-eat on the breakfast menu, I will be parked here a while with a busy fork ...
    Nelson Amen

Well - - turnout was a little skinny yesterday (no BAC arrivals) .... BUT .... this good looking Sierra arrived with 4 aboard and I talked to the owner (Keith). A nice person and hopefully he will join BAC.

The $6.99 all-you-can-eat breakfast was perfect. 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bacons ..... and then .... "hey,let's do that again" for the waitress ! The waiting line was out the door (Sunday morning, after all), but only about 10 minutes to get a table.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen

Don't despair Nelson - many of us wanted to come. Don't take this one fly-in as an indicator of our resolve. I looked skyward many times yesterday wishing that I was on my way to Oklahoma...

DD

( how often do you hear about people WILLINGLY wishing they were in Oklahoma??? )

Been there. Done that Nelson. Your enthusiasm is top flight for the BAC. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Ditto on the posts of DD & Mike!!!

I had prior commitments that I wasn’t able to escape, (finishing the roof on my mother in law house). Believe me, I only wish that I had been partying down with you anywhere, even “OKLAHOMA!!!”

Nelson, you’re a great leader for us as SCRD! We are so very grateful for everything you do for us. Thank you!!!

Sorry I didn't make it! 2 mouths 5 days till retirement!!!!! then no excuse......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12