Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BACFest 2019 - Colorado

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwf View Post
    All,

Unfortunately, only half the Fosters will attend BACfest.

Leili's work wants to send her on a trip to India... the very same trip they had confirmed in mid-June that she would not be going on. And of course, the dates conflict.

So, come September 11th we do the kissy-kiss thing and I take an Air Canada flight to Denver, while she boards Air Canada on her way to India. In truth, I think I have the better part of the deal.

See you all at BACfest,

Peter
    I think you got the better deal as well! Tell Leili we'll see her next year, wherever BACFest may be!

See you in Denver!
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Hey Bob,
    You should try to cut through South Dakota on your way here - pick up a couple more states for your map!
    See ya soon.
    -Rick Koch
    BAC Art Director
    C23 Sundowner

Areas visited with Ten Alpha

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    Rick, you read my mind!
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

EXTRA DAYS IN COLORADO IN THE MOUNTAINS??

Dear BAC Members,

My current plan is to be at our AMEN RIVER HOUSE from the weekend before BACfest through the week after (approx Sept 6th to Sept 21st - my exact travel dates depending on good flying weather for Texas/Colorado). This puts my Sundowner at the Salida airport (KANK) so that I am (or ... we are) only a 1 1/2 hour flight or a 3 hour drive from BACfest 2019 while staying in my vacation home. Simple and straight forward - no pressure to fly to BACfest 2019 if the weather is marginal.

I will stay at the BACfest hotel during the event, checking in on Wednesday Sept 11th and checking out on Sunday Sept. 15th.

You and your pax are welcome to stay in my River House as my guests anytime before, during, or after BACfest. Just let me know your travel plans and approximate dates and I will have a bed reserved .... and I might even make coffee in the morning! Our homes are at 10,000 ft so let's plan to relax! Our web site with photos: http://www.coloradocabinrentals.com/

Here is what I need from you: send an email to amen.river.house@gmail.com with "BACfest" in the title and let me know the number of persons, and your planned arrival and departure dates. I am limited to the 15 bedrooms available and
    I will get our neighboring Mountain Deck Home (my brother's) or the Schoolhouse (my sister's) set aside if we need extra space. Currently we have two members staying for 2 days prior, and one member staying for a day or so after.

Just let me know, my friends,
    Nelson Amen
    210-834-1991
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Hi Rick, in case it isn't worldwide knowledge yet - THANK YOU for your help in getting 3 BACers into the Arvada Hilton!! Can't speak for everyone, but in my case my schedule was conflicted until well after the lodging cutoff date. When I found I could come, you helped me get into The Hotel and I am really grateful. Although...Nelson Amen is extending an offer to his place which DOES sound hugely tempting...
    Lisa

Travels of N6924Q (A23-24), N6969Q (A23-24), and N5813V (PA-28-181)

I have just taken the offer of Nelson to join him from Sunday to Wednesday at his place and will arrive now at the Hilton Garden Inn on Wednesday. As I have a reservation starting on Sunday already I would like to ask if anybody is in the need of this room between Sunday and Wednesday for extending the stay before BACfest?
    @ Rick: do you have a waiting list?
    I don't want to simply cancel and risk that somebody else not belonging to our group jumps in.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk
    Peter

D-EAPS
    B24R
    MC-239
    EDFE - Germany

Looks like I may be unable to fly-in to BACFest this year in spite of it being so close to me. My home drome (KFLY - Meadowlake Apt) is shut down for replacement of the runway. The shutdown is supposed to last until mid-Sept. There is a short blacktop/gravel runway I could use but only if I am really light and the conditions (DA & wind) are right. So I will probably be driving to BACFest this year.
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Dave, can you relocate to another field for the maintenance period?
    Mark
    In Oz

Where I have landed a Beech

(Plus, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom)

This comes at the same time as my annual, so we are doing that now. After the annual, I may move the airplane to another airport but will have to use the short blacktop/gravel runway which is about 2000' with a slight uphill grade. I think it is doable if I keep the plane light, have a slight headwind, and take off early in the morning. Density Altitude is a big factor here because the airport is already at 6880' and morning temperatures are currently running in the high 60s and low 70s.
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Sierra door arriving at BACfest for Marty (it's his, in my hangar)

BRINGING MARTY'S SIERRA DOOR TO BACFEST (Marty and Denis are looking into some options)

Got me thinking ..... why not on the Sundowner ????? (I have always had "door envy" for that large Sierra luggage compartment door). So, I am thinking HEY! - - - just another roll of duct tape and I should be good !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy