Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massey Air Museum, MD (MD1)

Massey Air Museum, MD (MD1)

Join us for some good ole time flying fun! Massey is a well maintained 3000ft grass strip with a museum that's mission is "To preserve for public enjoyment and education, the history of small town grassroots aviation in the United States. Admission is $5.00 If you're up early, join us for breakfast first at Sugarbuns Cafe on the field at Easton, MD at 10am, Saturday, Aug 3!
    Last edited by drwhite; 07-09-2019 at 09:49 PM.

We plan on being at Massey by Noon. If you can't meet us for breakfast, join us for a good ole fashioned grass field fly-in and tour the museum with us!

I'll be at Easton by 10.

If a few other spouses attend Mary said she'll come too. Maybe Mary and I will do St. Michaels instead of Masseys, I know she'll come along then. We have a crab feast to attend in the afternoon.
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

"Life isn't about avoiding the bruises... It's about collecting the scars... To prove we showed up for it."

Wow , I can possible do one of the fly ins .

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990

Deedra is planning on coming to the Pie-In at Louisa but won't make Easton.

Massey at noon tomorrow! Who's in? Check in for Sugar Buns at Easton tomorrow at 10 too!

Massey was just as I expected. A little piece of heaven! A wonderful grass strip that was home to some very friendly folks that were glad I dropped in and didn't recall me ever being there before. That's because I hadn't! I toured the small museum and bought a shirt to support the airport. It looked huge so I went down a size. Yep, it's too small. Deedra gets another sleep shirt! Flew down to Ridgely (KRJD), a ghost town of an airport and knocked out my final MD airport. Another leather jacket coming my way!

Congrats, Alan!

Ridgely at one time was a busy place with jumpers, not sure where they all moved to. Were the taxiways still as bad as I remember?
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

"Life isn't about avoiding the bruises... It's about collecting the scars... To prove we showed up for it."

Congratulations alan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by GMascelli View Post
    Congrats, Alan!

Ridgely at one time was a busy place with jumpers, not sure where they all moved to. Were the taxiways still as bad as I remember?
    Yep! They were pretty bad!