Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun n Fun 2020

Sun n Fun 2020

Attendee Information - This came in my email feed this morning.

The 2020 SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo will proceed as scheduled. While we are aware of and
    monitoring the current circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 Virus, the event will continue as
    planned. As the primary fundraiser for the Aerospace Center for Excellence, we remain
    dedicated to creating limitless opportunities for today’s youth but are also committed to public
    health and safety. SUN ‘n FUN is working closely on a daily basis with local, state, and federal
    agencies to plan for a safe event with appropriate precautions and safeguards in place. As a
    result of this information and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and
    Prevention (CDC) for large events and festivals, we are proceeding with SUN ‘n FUN 2020 with
    the health and safety of our attendees, staff, and volunteers, as our top priority. See the link below for full information

http://snfflyin.com/wp-content/uploa...Newsletter.pdf
    Jeff Knight
    Executive Vice President
    Beech Aero Club
    B19 Sport 150
    CF-MEX
    Cold Lake, Alberta

I'm torn on this one. I was planning to attend, and am confident the Sun 'n Fun people know what they're doing. My medical risk is minimal.

However, I am far from confident about getting there and getting back in a timely manner. Quarantine requirements (which tend to pretty ad hoc), cancelled flights and possible travel restrictions are making it look like a non-starter. I'll decide next week.

...laura

Orbiting Earth Touring the Galaxy
    For years I have offered KALX as a stopover, alternate, etc regarding SnF. Charlotte and I are happy to provide again, however the new KALX manager has instituted a policy that includes landing fee of $10 for mouse-sized aircraft, parking fees of $10 per day, and other ancillary charges. Be aware before you make KALX a waypoint.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N-ONE

Thinking further ahead, what's the general thinking about OSH?
    Mark
    In Oz

Where I have landed a Beech

(Plus, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom)

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto FASTFRED's Avatar
    Summer temps should be less of a chance the virus is still active
    Fred (fastfred) Culleton
    N6703P-Sierra C24R
    Flowery Branch, Ga
    KLZU Home Base

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System trumpet nelson's Avatar
    boy - - there's a strange coincidence with for that information on the link ….

"sniff-flee-'n dot come"
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Quote Originally Posted by markweiss View Post
    I'm planning on going. Not sure what will be left of my hands by then after all this washing and washing.
    Michael Dunlevie

Where the Sundowner took me.

Sarchasm (noun): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by markweiss View Post
    Mark, I'm planning to attend Sun n Fun, OshKosh and BACFest 2020 unless the Canadian government puts on a specific travel ban to the USA, which is highly unlikely. There are currently scheduled countries like China, Iran, Italy, etc. that Foreign Affairs have specifically indicated are No-Go countries with quarantine requirements on return, but outside that it's self vigilance. Have you bought your toilet paper yet?
    Jeff Knight
    Executive Vice President
    Beech Aero Club
    B19 Sport 150
    CF-MEX
    Cold Lake, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Unclerap View Post
    For years I have offered KALX as a stopover, alternate, etc regarding SnF. Charlotte and I are happy to provide again, however the new KALX manager has instituted a policy that includes landing fee of $10 for mouse-sized aircraft, parking fees of $10 per day, and other ancillary charges. Be aware before you make KALX a waypoint.

Rap
    I could bring my donuts and spare parts with me, self quarantine for 14 days and get all the snags fixed on my Sport. What a great deal!
    Jeff Knight
    Executive Vice President
    Beech Aero Club
    B19 Sport 150
    CF-MEX
    Cold Lake, Alberta

Orbiting Earth Touring the Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by wjknight View Post
    I could bring my donuts and spare parts with me, self quarantine for 14 days and get all the snags fixed on my Sport. What a great deal!
    Charlotte says come on down!! With some adequate pre-planning we can set aside 2-3 days to do the donuts. As of yesterday N8786 is sold and delivered so I have an open hangar space until 1 July. Contact me direct email or phone and we can start working on a plan.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N-ONE