Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Coming To BAC Fest ** And Another Reason to come **

Who Is Coming To BAC Fest ** And Another Reason to come **

I want to start this discussion so that everyone can see who plans on attending and provide a place to coordinate flights. Those of you coming from the same area may want to "plane pool" and make the trip together. I will start it off by saying . . . I'll be there. Arriving the 16th and departing the 20th. The 24 mile trip will be a great way to hone my XC skills.

The Rellihans are attending; Mike, Paula, and Skye the self-loading baggage. Reservations are all made.

I plan on attending from Georgia. Arriving on Wed and departing Sat am. I also have my Motel reservations. Looking forward to see the Powerflow equipped Sundowner.

Mike Dawson
    N6715H

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth sjcote's Avatar

One way or t'other!

I will be there even if I have to do a repeat of last year's BAC East and find the only airline pilot who knows what a Musketeer is.

Planned arrival Wed 16th. Reservations made with hotel. Is there a sign up for attendance I should know about?

Steve Cote
    Springfield, MA

Steve Cote
    BAC Founding Member
    Sundowner N-1958L

Re: One way or t'other!

Quote Originally Posted by sjcote
    Is there a sign up for attendance I should know about?
    Steve, look for the yellow highlighted print on the top of the homepage. Or go here.

I'll be there with my oldest son, Brandon. We'll arrive on the 16th and depart the 19th. We'll depart Everett on Tues and will probably spend the night someplace near Denver.

don

The wife and I will be there the 17th to the 19th or 20th (TBD is whether we leave Saturday to spend a night in KC on the way home for good BBQ). We'll be coming to/from Minnesota.

Don - Fort Collins-Loveland (KFNL) is a nice airport with an ILS and just enough north of Denver to be able to track around the Class B without a lot of back tracking - I stayed there ferrying SuperMouse home as I have an old college friend in Loveland. The Hampton Inn will pickup/dropoff at the airport plus the FBO has cars. It's a bit pricey on fuel and whether they waive tie-down for fuel seems a bit inconsistent.

Fort Collins-Downtown (3VS) is a nice small airport within walking distance of the Best Western and close (<2 mi, cheap cab) from another 1/2 dozen hotels.

I'm told Peak Flight at Greely-Weld County (KGXY) is also very friendly but no personal experience. Hotels are a little farther away but they might do drop-offs, not sure.

Supposedly sometimes weather/ceilings are a bit better at Greeley if in low conditions but if this is the case you'd need to be IFR anyway to cross the Rockies and GXY only has one approach and with circling minimums only while FNL has an ILS and other approaches for both ends of the main runway that all have straight-in minima below Greeley's in both MSL and AGL.

I'll leave it to locals to point you at things more in Denver like Centennial, Jeffco or Front Range.

Minnie and I will be there. I think Bill Manhein will be riding with me.

But we're not plane pooling.

WE'RE MOUSE POOLING.

Do you realize that if one has a bunch of mice at once it's a "mischief" of mice? (It could also be a horde or a nest depending on your reference). Aint English grande?

I will be there leaving out of GA (CSG). Look foward to it.