Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAC tent at Sun-n-Fun - Help needed..

BAC tent at Sun-n-Fun - Help needed..

BAC will be putting a table up this year in type club tent.
    Please let me know when you can work. The event is from Tues. April 17 to Mon. April 23. Please help the club out by giving of your time.
    All those that helped last year, we need you. I know who you are.
    You can reply to a post here or send me an email to doug.muse at gmail.com and I will update.

17th - Tue
    9 AM - 11 AM - Mike Rellihan; will also be setting up on the 16th.
    11 AM - 1 PM - Paul Werbin
    1 PM - 3 PM -
    3 PM - 5 PM -

18th - Wed
    9 AM - 11 AM - Robin Thomas/PFS
    11 AM - 1 PM - Paul Werbin
    1 PM - 3 PM - Tom Corcoran
    3 PM - 5 PM - Tom Corcoran

19th - Thu
    9 AM - 11 AM - Doug Muse
    11 AM - 1 PM - Doug Muse
    1 PM - 3 PM - Mike Rellihan
    3 PM - 5 PM - Gene McPherson

20th - Fri
    9 AM - 11 AM - Doug Muse
    11 AM - 1 PM - Doug Muse
    1 PM - 3 PM - Dr. Bill Heybruck
    3 PM - 5 PM - Dr. Bill Heybruck

21st - Sat
    9 AM - 11 AM - Mike Rellihan
    11 AM - 1 PM - John Amundsen
    1 PM - 3 PM - John Amundsen
    3 PM - 5 PM -

22nd - Sun
    9 AM - 11 AM -
    11 AM - 1 PM - John Amundsen
    1 PM - 3 PM - John Amundsen
    3 PM - 5 PM -

23rd - Mon
    9 AM - 11 AM -
    11 AM - 1 PM -
    1 PM - 3 PM -
    3 PM - 5 PM -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All,
    Please plan on being at the tent and table at least 10 minutes before your time. My cell phone is 706 317 three two two seven.
    Thanks, Doug

RELLIHAN NOTE: The Type Club Tent is located on the East end of the display/vendor ramp, almost right at the exit to the flight line. It is set back a bit from the line, so it is easy to miss. It should be shown on the site map you receive with your tickets, in the Program.

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar

bac tent

Now BAC has a tent?

What a club! I'll do four hours probably on the 18th.

Tom Corcoran

I'll take the afternoon of the 20th. I'll be done looking by then and leave the next AM.
    Dr Bill

Put me down for what ever days are needed (up to four) Parking shouldnt be an issue as I fly in each day but the pass would be nice.

John Amundsen
    C-23
    Winter Haven

Doug:

Put me down for 2 hours on Wed or Thursday of SNF. We'll be sharing time between SNF and the Mouse that week, so see you there.

Gene

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    I thought I would give this thread its 14th reply after 201 looks. This will get the message back on the front page.

If more people will sit in the booth, then we will only need one hour at a time per person for the event.

I think Doug Muse should sweeten the deal. Free entry into S'nF would be nice.

Look at the minutes of the Board meetings to see where dues are going. Entry to S'nF for working the tent looks appropriate to me!

Tom Corcoran
    Boston

Brad and Cloyd.. any ideas? What about a special t-shirt or cap for those volunteers?

On another thought, all BACers should have a gathering one night when most members are present.

Where are most staying? Winter Haven side or Tampa side? Lots of good places to chow on both sides.

If you only want to work 1 hour I can still put you down.

Doug

Doug, do you still have the info I sent about free show passes for tent volunteers, based on a minimum number of hours volunteered? But we are probably getting close to missing the time window for pass registrations, if we haven't already. I still have that letter sent by the SNF people.

It would be nice to hear from more folks who would like to put something into the Club, as opposed to just trying to get more and more out of it. Seems to me that we are giving pretty good value as it is. (Sorry; just couldn't resist!).

I don't think we can (or should) try to bribe folks into contributing. Either they will or they won't. If they do, it will be because they have something to offer fellow members, knowing that they will be appreciated for their efforts; and as a result it makes them feel good for having added their time to the common cause. Having said that, if BAC wishes to surprise Tent participants with some remembrance after the fact, so much the better.

Good points Mike. I do have the volunteer stuff but since most wanted to do under 4 hours a day we can't justify free passes with Sun-n-Fun. I was hoping everyone would be willing to give a hour or two while at the show to meet others and give back to the club.

Let's go everyone.. we need to fill more time slots.

Doug