Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour the LEGEND FACITILITY @ SLR on MAY 5

Tour the LEGEND FACITILITY @ SLR on MAY 5

South Central BAC is pleased to announce our first fly in of 2007. Come on out to Sulphur Springs on MAY 5, where we are scheduled for a tour of the Legend Cubs and Lunch at the RED BARN.

Officially we are starting at 11:00 am, Lunch at 1 or 1:30 and departures between 3 and 4.

We will be discussing the fly in here on this thread, so keep an eye out for our discussion here as new information is available.

Jay

State and airport ID? I wouldn't mind heading south this time of year.

Suplhur Springs, Texas, the identifier is SLR. We would enjoy seeing you there.

Jay

What does the Red Barn serve up for lunch?

I've been there twice. Seems like I remember burgers and maybe BBQ. Some of our Texas members go there fairly often, maybe they can add to the menu?

We're a little less than four weeks out.

I was wondering who else is planning to make this event.

Bill Franklin is flying down here from Rapid City on Friday and then we are heading down on Saturday in my plane. Reserve us a place.

Dave B

Quote Originally Posted by j_w_bruce
    I've been there twice. Seems like I remember burgers and maybe BBQ. Some of our Texas members go there fairly often, maybe they can add to the menu?
    You name it, they may have it. I've had everything from a BLT to Chicken ala King. They make a really good Chicken Fried Steak.

J, have you checked with the FBO? There is limited parking on the south (FBO) ramp on weekends. The self serve fuel is on the north ramp which has more parking area. The Legend facility is equidistant.

Bo
    594LB

I plan on trying to make the trip.

Bo, the best I remember, Legend is equidistant true, but don't we have to walk through the FBO to get to the red barn? That makes it walking from the North Ramp to the South Ramp and on for lunch. Which is still nothing compared to walking from the Beech taxiway to the gate at BacFest last year, so I'll talk to the FBO about us parking on the north ramp away from the fuel so we don't keep anyone from tanking up if need be.

Thanks for the heads up. I know we can park 3 to 4 planes on the south ramp no problem (done it before). But if we get 6 or better, then we need to stay out of the way.