Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternator Belt Part #

I actually found a comparable belt of the same width (critical) at the aviation department of a farm supply warehouse in Southern Illinois. Used for a thrasher, I think. But, I never found the right length (37.5"?). Too bad, they were in the $15 range. I could have had two or three spares for that price.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Dave G, here are some shots I took of my spare belt on the Super III. I do not have the shroud over the top of the crank housing, and there is enough slack in the spare to easily put my fingers between the belt and the block.

CB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

I like the idea of having a spare belt: makes great sense. BUT... our aircraft are already so nose heavy that we put ballast in the tail: shouldn't we be storing that (albeit small) weight in the cargo area?

The issue isn't just to have a spare belt available. It's a good idea to have it available and prepositioned in the event of a belt failure during or between flights while away from an A&P, since the prop must be removed to replace a broken belt!
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

The lower powered Mice just had a crummy CG certification. The Sport and Sundowner will fly just like a Super III anywhere within the Supers CG envelop. Like most airplanes, they fly better with the CG toward the aft limit. But, the Musketeer Series isn't nose heavy.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Thanks CB - that looks like a good idea. The next time my prop is off I'm going to do that.
    Dave Gribble
    Marion IA
    Flying the Restored Hangarmouse (Super III N3698Q)
    Building RV-9A N149DG

Bump to the top!
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member & former President
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123