Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas at KLUX 12-13-08 ride possible?

Christmas at KLUX 12-13-08 ride possible?

Anyone heading to this passing near to Savannah (KSAV) and need some ballast? I'd love to go and meet some of you, and would be happy to contribute to your fuel fund to get there.

..Joe

PS: The airports in lower South Carolina (Barnwell- BNL & Allendale- 88J) have the cheapest AvGas in the area- $3.60/gallon.

Joe,

Check your PM. Sent you a few members names around you that you may can talk in to flying.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by musesierra
    Joe,

Check your PM. Sent you a few members names around you that you may can talk in to flying.

Doug
    Thank you!

..Joe

Just a bump for this coming Saturday. If you plan to join us, please chime in here. It will help me plan for the chow. Right now I am hoping that the weather West of us will have passed through by Saturday; that's the prediction at the moment. While some advance work is going on already, Monty nd I are planning to do the major clean-up, decorating, and set-up on Friday afternoon. I have some propane radiant heat as well as a propane Reddy-Heater to take the edge off any chill.

Right now I am planning premium burgers and wieners/sausages on the hangar grill, with all the trimmings. Maybe some shrimp cocktail appetizers, along with the usual nut and chip trays. Plenty of dessert on tap. I'm sure we will also have some door prizes for those hardy souls who brave what passes for winter flying down here.... Drive or fly, all are welcome!

If the weather holds out I plan on arriving Friday with a departure Sunday. N18859 misses KLUX.

See ya then...
    Doug

Mike,

We would love to be there, but I am completing a project that will extend into Saturday I think. The way business is right now, the boss (Holly) says I'd better get this job completed and billed.

If anything changes, we'll let you know.

Ed & Holly
    N29JR

I'm planning on it ! Weather has to be hard IFR at my airport so I can't get BACK to stop me.

Dr. BILL

If the weather holds out I plan on arriving Friday with a departure Sunday. N18859 misses KLUX

Sorry Doug, but the old parts have been thrown away, it's old spot in the hangar is taken by another plane, and you only get one New Data plate per decade (no exceptions)......, and once it left the first time, a return trip does not pad the record for the longest stay at the KLUX... or then again, it might like our airfield better and might want to come "home" for Christmas....

Be glad to see you and everyone else who can make it this time....Enjoy the flight up if you can make it and fly safe....

Monty Spencer

I am going to try to make a day trip of it. Anyone need a ride from Norfolk VA area?

Mike and Crew
    Tried to bum a ride out but no joy, have a great Christmas party. Still plane-less and will most likely stay this way till summer.

Craig T.