Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warm Up Your Oil - Fly-in to Iowa City December 5

Warm Up Your Oil - Fly-in to Iowa City December 5

This is a place for any dicussion about the December 5 Fly-In to Iowa City (KIOW)

Fly in to the Iowa City airport (KIOW) to visit the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, the Midwest's only Aviation Themed all-suites hotel. This hotel has been featured in Flying and AOPA Pilot magazines.

We'll meet between 10:00 and 11:00 at the airport and then head over to the Inn which is only feet from the runway.

We will see some of the 20 large and luxurious Aviation-themed suites, each with a unique decor that represents a different era in aviation history. After that we can try out the full-size flight simulator.

We'll follow that up with a trip in the courtesy van to a local restaurant for an excellent lunch. Restaurant is TBD, but will be a unique local restaurant (maybe located in a historic power plant....)

All attendees will get a gift for braving the late fall weather, with a special prize to whoever travels the furthest.

Jet Air at Iowa City has offered to give a 20 cent/gallon discount on full serve fuel to any Beech Aero Club members during the fly-in.

In addition, any members who would like to stay the evening at the Inn are eligible for a 20% discount on a Jacuzzi tub suite! Check out the hotel's website and be sure to view the huge collection of aviation videos (under Inn..ovations)

Hope to see you there!

Please post below or email Regional Director dave.gribble@mchsi.com if you think you can attend so we are looking out for you. Can't wait to see you there!

Here is a link to the KIOW page on airnav.com to help your travel planning.

Currently we are expecting 8 planes!:
    Dave Gribble & Dave Leedom from Cedar Rapids IA
    Ron Powell from Burlington IA
    Bill Franklin from Rapid City SD
    Jack Clute from Valparasio IN
    Sam Cryer from Fort Atkinson WI
    Bob Schmit from Hartland WI
    Tom Lambert from Ames IA

Come on guys - let's fly to IOWA!
    Dave Gribble
    Marion IA
    Flying the Restored Hangarmouse (Super III N3698Q)
    Building RV-9A N149DG

Well, Dern, Dave... How can I make it to Iowa City for your fly-in when it's on the same day as our KLUX Christmas Party/Owner Maintenance Day?! Yours sounds more recreational than ours!

I was wondering just the other day (before Gaston's) if Ron Powell was still hanging around BAC... Guess so. Ron, you were in the big group that went to Sikeston, right?

JB

Mike - we'd be honored to have you! I was so sad not to be able to make it to KLUX or to BACFest this year... I'm hopeful to be at one or the other next year though!

Christmas at KLUX sounds fun, and it will certainly be warmer than Iowa!!

Mike R: It had darn well better be a great deal warmer here at KLUX on December 05, than it is likely to be in Iowa City. Or there won't be many BAC members changing oil and hardware on the ramp at KLUX!

And the words 'Didn't Mike R make it here? may be echoing across the KLUX ramp, if it isn't a whole bunch warmer here than at KIOW....

As of right now Dave, I plan to attend. Looking forward to it!.

Chris

I'm gonna try to make it... I lived in Iowa City for six years before I moved to Wisconsin.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

As of right now, if the weather is good, I plan on flying out.

Sam
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Plane Safe Aircraft Maintenance, Inc.
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...sFlying146.jpg

Looking good for Saturday..I'll fly and Bob will be my SIC!!

Sam
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)

weather looks good!

Its snowing a bit tonight but the weather looks good for Saturday! If you can come, please post here... and let me know how many people will be coming (I'm trying to get a count for lunch).

Hope to see you on Saturday!

dave gribble
    Dave Gribble
    Marion IA
    Flying the Restored Hangarmouse (Super III N3698Q)
    Building RV-9A N149DG

Well, Bob Schmidt and myself in my plane. See you Saturday morning...............
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)