It probably violates some FAA rule but "IF" you were to select a material for making some of your own stuff - even a trim wheel - you should try Corian. This is the stuff that your countertop is made from. You get a choice of colors and you can use regular wood working tools to shape, drill or Krazy Glue to attach pieces.

Find a shop that makes Corian countertops. Look in his Dumpster. There is enough stuff there for a thousand planes.

Tom Corcoran
"I only use approved parts"

In a message dated 7/10/2005 1:38:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Mike Rellihan" <rellihan@rellihan.com> writes:

>The Performance Aero knobs are for the push-pull control cables. I don't think that they will work on the lever-style controls on control quadrants, for several reasons (including the need for the relief cut on the lever side). I can't say whether they will or won't work on the 19s/23s with push-pull cables. Since some of the mixture and throttle cables carry Bonanza and Debonair part number prefixes, perhaps they do work on some of them. The parts books do not show replaceable knobs on the cables, but that doesn't mean much. Hopefully I will hear from someone who knows for certain about the fit of the PA knob parts on the 19/23.
>
>I am close to having some low cost replacement quadrant-type knobs that are genuine Beech NOS parts. The down-side will be the need to paint the black prop and mixture knobs the correct colors (blue and red respectively), using high-quality plastic paint such as Molecubond or the Krylon clone product. The black throttle knob can be left as-is. I have already confirmed that the samples fit. Now I am working on supply and price. I will post these in BAC Classifieds when they are ready to go.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Kenny Kirkman
> To: mgkane@comcast.net ; musketeermail@yahoogroups.com ; friefly@aol.com
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:56 AM
> Subject: Re: [musketeermail] Broken blue plastic propeller control knob
>
>
> I have a Sierra and a friend of mine with a Bonanza provided this info on knobs:
>
> As mentioned, the original plastic throttle/propeller/mixture buttons on my
> S-35 Bonanza had all cracked, just like yours. I had purchased "buttons"
> for replacement, made of anodized aluminum. The buttons are - gold for
> throttle, blue for propeller, and red for mixture. I replace only these
> buttons, as the knurled knobs were just fine. The knurled knobs are all
> still stock plastic as they came from the factory.
> Performance Aero has the complete set of knobs & buttons, which are being
> sold for $169.00. I bought just the buttons a couple of years ago, not the
> complete set of knobs & buttons. I am looking to find a distributor of just
> the "buttons".
>
> Until then, Performance Aero supplies many items to the Bonanza/Baron crowd.
> Their address is:
> Performance Aero - www.performanceaero.com
> (816) 847-5588
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>Join BAC today and be a part of the ONLY Type Club for the Musketeer series!
>
>www.beechaeroclub.org
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join BAC today and be a part of the ONLY Type Club for the Musketeer series!

www.beechaeroclub.org

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musketeermail/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
musketeermail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/