Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volunteers needed at Oshkosh AirVenture BAC Type Club Table

Volunteers needed at Oshkosh AirVenture BAC Type Club Table

Guys and gals,

We will have a table at the Type Club Hangar for the very first time at AirVenture this year. All we need to do is get enough volunteers to staff the table! The table must be staffed 9AM to 5PM Monday from July 26th to Friday July 30 and 9AM to noon on Saturday July 31. I'd like to set up two shifts, 9AM to 1PM and 1PM to 5PM for each weekday and a single shift on Saturday.

If you can volunteer, either respond here or send me and email to bob@beechaeroclub.org and let me know the day(s) and time(s) you can volunteer. We have the option of having an unattended table, but that's not really the best way to promote our club, so sign up to help if you can. We will have the table set up with all the materials. All you have to do is offer handouts and chat with the folks that drop by.

I'll have more details later, as I still don't have the official forms to fill out.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

I'll help on Wednesday 9am to 1pm. I may be able to help at other times as well, it just depends on what is going on.

Sam
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Plane Safe Aircraft Maintenance, Inc.
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...sFlying146.jpg

I guess I'll have to get a BAC logo shirt from Lands End!

Quote Originally Posted by crjdriver View Post
    I guess I'll have to get a BAC logo shirt from Lands End!
    Darn right!!!

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Guys and Gals,

We are way short of the number of volunteers we to staff the table for the type club tent at AirVenture this year. This is our first year at Oshkosh, and I'd like to make it a good one. I've got a total of five volunteers, not nearly enough for our needs. As far as I know, we will have a table and two chairs, so bring your spouse or a buddy to keep you company. All volunteers get in free to the BAC Picnic (of course everybody does). If I can't get enough volunteers, I'll have to ask for an unmanned table, not really an ideal situation.

So far, I've got:

Sam Cryer
    Larry Last
    Bob Schmidt
    Ben Bierbaum
    Larry Ramsey

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

I can help for a a shift on Friday or Saturday. Maybe on Thursday too if I get there that early. Wish I could attend the picnic, but my professional pilot son can only get off on Fridays to attend Oshkosh. Would like to see the picnic alternated Tuesday one year with a day later in the week on opposite years. Maybe that would cause too much confusion. Incidentally, when my son was an exhibitor, they received some daily admission wrist bands because they were exhibitors. Is that a possibility here?

Quote Originally Posted by niechiro View Post
    Incidentally, when my son was an exhibitor, they received some daily admission wrist bands because they were exhibitors. Is that a possibility here?
    Really good question. I have still not received the official information on the type club table and since this is our first year, I have no prior experience. I think Sun and Fun has free admission for type clubs, but I'm not sure. I expect the details in the next week or so, and will post here when I know more.

Thanks for volunteering!!!

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Looks like we are getting close to having enough volunteers, but if you have some spare time at OSH, we could still use you. Something always comes up at the last minute!

I still don't have any details from the AirVenture folks - like the location of the tent (actually a brand new hangar, I think.) I'll call again tomorrow.

Here are the shifts and some penciled in volunteers. If the schedule doesn't work for you, let me know ASAP. Hopefully most of you are flexible. I'm not putting myself down yet, as I'm pretty available that week and will fill in where needed.

Monday July 26
    9:00 - 1:00 - Larry Ramsey
    1:00 - 5:00 - Ben Bierbaum

Tuesday July 27
    9:00 - 1:00 - Dan Kirby
    1:00 - 5:00 - Unattended - BAC Picnic

Wednesday July 28
    9:00 - 1:00 - Sam Cryer
    1:00 - 5:00 - Larry Ramsey

Thursday July 29
    9:00 - 1:00 - Larry Last
    1:00 - 5:00 - Patrick Sheradon

Friday July 30
    9:00 - 1:00 - Michael Nielson
    1:00 - 5:00 - Open

Saturday July 31
    9:00 - 1:00 - Open

Hopefully I haven't missed anybody, and let me know ASAP if you need to change your assigned time(s).

bob@beechaeroclub.org

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Bob,

I'm available to man the table any time Tuesday and/or Wednesday for a 2-3 hour shift each day (except during the Last picnic). I'll only be at the Show on those days.

You may know that I sold my Sundowner, reluctantly, to another Club member, Gary Embrey, so it remains in the family. However, I have a new SLSA on order.

Please reply to my new email address: saggio.carl@gmail.com.

Carl (Bastiani)

Hey Bob, I need a day or two to finalize my trip dates and I'll try to finalize the forums I wanted to attend and let you know which time spot(s) I can fill in.......