Article: Bill Manhein Honored at BACFest 2010

All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

Climbing to Cruise Climbing to Cruise
    Congrats Bill...Thank you very much for your support and dedication to the club. Between you and Mike, I know all of us would not have what we have today, and some would not be flying our beloved Mice.

Congratulations to a gentleman and a scholar...

Monty Spencer
    White Bear Aeronautical

Thanks Bill and congrats! I have seen a gazillion maintenance documents with your helpful callouts pointing to important items. When my plane was in trouble you stepped up to the plate and orchestrated the safe arrival of a stabilator from the BAC salvage plane in Louisiana out to Oregon. My plane is in the air thanks to your and Marty's help!

My plane also has parts from Bill's salvage plane. It is just amazing we have members who care so much for keeping these birds flying that they buy planes and parts for stock. Bill has done and continues to do an incredible service to the club and I thank you! Congrats old friend! Doug

Congratulations!!! Bill.

I missed you at BACFest this year. I did not miss your award presentation nor the gouge in the ribs that you gave me in the middle of it. Ha, Ha. At least Cloyd is still showing up and going to dinner with me. Thank you for all that you have done for all of us. We are forever in your debt.

I joined BAC to gain access to all those SBs, SIs & downloads that you have lovingly restored to their historic glory. Thanks to you, I now have a beautiful hard copy set of those for the maintenance record of my aircraft.

It has almost been a year, so I will be giving you a call soon to give you a gouge in the ribs.

Your friend,

Bill Sciscoe

Simply the best.....................Congratulations, Bill! I missed seeing you and giving you a hug. Might have to make a trip to see you very soon! You are truly "one of a kind!"

Take care,
    Candy

The real winners here are the rest of us for having Bill as a member.

Congratulations, Bill, on this well deserved recognition for your service to the club. And while I'm at it, how appropriate that the club leadership has created this award to honor and remember a man that meant so much to the club for his tireless efforts at educating us on the Musketeer aircraft line and for his efforts to keep these great legacy aircraft flying well into the future.