Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois or Midwest flyins?

Illinois or Midwest flyins?

Any happenings in Illinois or thereabout, aka, other midwestern flyins. My plane has incredible urge to congregate with others in her family.

Allen Drozs
    Sundowner N6626D

Allen, Start a conversation with your regional director. You can host a fly-in. No need to wait for someone else to do it.

Dan Jonas
    Daniel Jonas

Clipper, my wife and I plan on hosting a fly in sometime this summer. With a baby on the way so its really up to her how far she want to go, I have a few ideas in mind. Tom
    States Visited By N16BD

Allen,

I'm the Regional Director for East Central region and looking for places for fly-ins. We've never held one in Illinois, so if you can help me find a good location, let's set one up! I've always wanted to fly in to Shaumburg, IL - have you ever done it? I understand there is a good restaurant nearby.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Never been to Schaumburg

Quote Originally Posted by rgschmi View Post
    Allen,

I'm the Regional Director for East Central region and looking for places for fly-ins. We've never held one in Illinois, so if you can help me find a good location, let's set one up! I've always wanted to fly in to Shaumburg, IL - have you ever done it? I understand there is a good restaurant nearby.
    Never been to Schaumburg, but like to get together with some members somewhere, for sure.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Rilley1 View Post
    Clipper, my wife and I plan on hosting a fly in sometime this summer. With a baby on the way so its really up to her how far she want to go, I have a few ideas in mind. Tom
    Id like to get something going, suggestions are being taken. Early summer would be great.
    Allen

Greetings --

I used to tie down at Schaumburg. (There was a three year wait for hangars)
    Pilot Pete's restaurant is on the second floor of the FBO.
    Excellent food, good prices, the parking lot fills up with local cars at dinner time.
    Big windows let you watch the runway and ramp activities. Very nice.
    You won't be disappointed.

I also recommend going to DuPage or Palwaukee on the first Saturday of the month.
    The American Flyers host a cookout and pilot seminar.
    They are definitely worth the trip, too.

Let's do both !

Mark Anderson
    N24693, '73 Sundowner
    Watertown, WI

Weather permitting, let's meet at DuPage on April 2nd and make plans for the summer.

I am seriously planning on Mackinaw Island the weekend of June 17/18.
    Will roam Michigan for a few days, then attend an event is SW Michigan beginning June 23rd.

-- Mark

Does the new mayor have Meigs open yet? I wish

Wouldn't a Meigs fly-in be great? We can only hope...

April 2nd at DuPage it is!!! I'll put it on the BAC Calendar to make it an official event. What start and end times should I put?

Any suggestions for a date for Shaumburg?

Mark, do you want to make the June 17 or 18 date official for a BAC event, or is it to early to commit? Contact me offline if you want to discuss. Sounds like you are flying quite a bit, including the Bahamas!

Thanks for the input, guys. I need fresh ideas. I can take care of posting the events on the BAC calendar and submitting President's Trophy (PT) points if you can come up with the locations and dates!

Bob
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.