Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article: Saturday is BAC at Rutland, Vermont

  1. #1
    Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Braintree and Cape Cod, Massachusetts,
    Posts
    1,099

    Article: Saturday is BAC at Rutland, Vermont


  2. #2
    Hi Tom,

    What time should we plan to be there ???

    RUTLAND - Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northwest between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

    Regards,
    Scott

  3. #3
    Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Braintree and Cape Cod, Massachusetts,
    Posts
    1,099
    I'm sure the pancake breakfast starts early. Arrive at your leisure. Look for Beeches.

    Our intinerary is to enjoy the taildraggers.

    Fly safe. 40% chance of rain means 60% chance of not raining. Larry Perry, Airboss of Vermont has the weather under control.

    Tom Corcoran

  4. #4
    Rain or shine, the fly-in/pancake breakfast is on. The EAA chapter pancake breakfast runs from 8 am to noon (although the guys at the KRUT hanger at 4:30 this afternoon said 11 am)

    There's a tent set up outside the EAA hanger, just to the west of the commercial terminal (Cape Air does three Rutland-Boston trips each day)

    27.1 nm east of Rutland is Claremont, NH (KCNH) where 100LL is currently $4.95/gallon.

    I plan to head to the airport early and if the clouds haven't lifted by 9:30 I'll drive to KRUT (I'm less than an hour away.)

    Hope to see you there!

    Larry

  5. #5
    Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Braintree and Cape Cod, Massachusetts,
    Posts
    1,099
    I never thought I would think $4.95 per gallon for 100LL was "cheap".

    Let's see... 27.1 nm equals about two/three gallons to fly there. I spent $5.60 each for the two/three gallons in my tank. I'll save 65 cents per gallon for filling up. That's to replenish the 14 gallons to get to Rutland and go to New Hampshire. 14 x .65 is about ten bucks.
    I'll do it. Thanks for the heads-up Larry Perry, Airboss of Vermont!

    Tom Corcoran
    See you at KRUT Saturday

  6. #6
    All dressed up and no place to go... Arrrgh... At airport - brief was good this AM around 0500 - now weather seems to have gone down hill at KRUT... So frustrating... Haven't really had a good trip since last year... PS: Anyone else have trouble getting an East Coast briefer this AM ??? On hold over 25 mins before I gave up - decided to get one in California instead...

    Regards,
    Scott

Similar Threads

  1. Fly-in Saturday 24 Jan @ 11 AM Bessemer AL (EKY)
    By n76lima in forum Musketeer-Mail Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
  2. Highgate Vermont FSO
    By bfoote in forum BAC Mail Archive - DO NOT POST HERE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
  3. Highgate Vermont FSO
    By bfoote in forum Musketeer-Mail Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO