Thread: Article: Fly Over the Boston Marathon - Get a BEECH BUM Tshirt

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar

Article: Fly Over the Boston Marathon - Get a BEECH BUM Tshirt

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    Yes. BAC was flying yesterday April 15, 2013.

For the first 4 hours of the Boston Marathon everything was perfect.

I flew from 1B9 Mansfield, Massachusetts to the start of the Marathon as has been my custom. After the 10am start I went back to land-mode. I landed at OWD Norwood which is the nearest airport to the race course. I had a car with chairs and lunch stashed there. Drove about eight miles to my usual vantage point in Wellesley which is about halfway in the race to watch the leaders and 26,000 more people run by. Then, fly again and put everything away. About 3pm I was entering my driveway when the news of the bombs was on the radio.

The closest person I know near the blast was my neice about 100' away she says. Now at this time (Tuesday morning) 3 people are dead and 130 injured. It was ironic that there were so many medical people so close to the blast as the marathon is geared to help thousands of runners.

Patriots' Day (Battles of Lexington and Concord) is/was always a great day for Bostonians. Our own holiday, historic pride, the most famous road race in the world. It won't be the same.

One of the dead is being reported this morning as an eight year old boy. His mother who was with him has a brain injury. His three year old sister lost a leg. They were waiting for the father to cross the finish line.

We've got one or more SOB's to catch and fry.

Tom Corcoran - Braintree, Massachusetts, eleven miles from the Marathon finish line.