Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaston's White River Resort - November 09, 2013

Gaston's White River Resort - November 09, 2013

Talking to several of the past attendees of this event, we've decided that Saturday, Nov 9 would be the best day to meet up at Gaston's.

http://www.gastons.com/

3M0 (three - mike - zero) is the identifier, BPK is an alternate airport.if you don't feel comfortable with Gaston's on closer inspection. There is a van available for those who land at BPK. If you are interested in coming to this event, but have never been there before, make sure you check with someone who has. Either PM, email me, or post on this thread for information. Gaston's strip is one way in, one way out, daytime only, and 4000 feet. It is not hard, but you do want to do your research before hand.

The 'event' is lunch at the restaurant Saturday at noon, and hangar flying before and afterwards until probably 3pm local time. Cabins are available if you want to come a day or two early to take advantage of trout fishing on the river.

JB

Sounds like a great day trip - 3 1/2 hours from Houston. Hope to make it up there.

CB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

Cleo, you must be flying a Sierra? Hope to see you there.

So, I had some time to look at your profile a bit. Super III, right? All the speed and none of the RG maintenance concerns, best of both worlds. I brought my sport from Houston to Searcy back in the day; that was 4.5 for me. Maybe all the cards will fall right and we can have another good fly in to Gastons. Let me know if you have any questions.

JB
    Last edited by j_w_bruce; 09-22-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Ann and I are planning to come again this year, arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. Gaston's is always a great trip, particularly that time of year. For anyone planning a two-night stay, cottage rates drop 30% after November 1. Also, daylight savings time ends on November 3, so for any arrivals Friday evening, it will be dark one hour earlier.

Charlotte and I are trying to work this in the schedule, probably copy the Mitchells, in friday, out sunday. Weather permitting.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848

I am making plans to attend, not sure if it will be a day trip or a overnight yet.

Steve, looking forward to meeting you this time. I remember the lights wouldn't come on earlier this year when you came to Kentucky Lake, but that won't be a problem at Gaston's.......they don't have any! Here's a photo of your plane when it attended the first BAC fly-in to Gaston's back in 2004. Maybe you can photoshop the previous owner out of the picture!
    Brad
    mini-Gaston 003.jpg
    Last edited by bmitchell; 09-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Am looking fwd to visiting Gaston's, I had plans to go down there around the 20th of oct on my own but i think nov 9th will work out well for me.

I'm a definite maybe.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by wdnd5960 View Post
    Cloyd,

Are you gonna swing over and pick me up on the way?
    Sure, be standing next to the runway at 0 Dark Thirty morning of the fly-in.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.