Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaston's

Gaston's

AOPA published something from the $100 hamburger with a list of the top 26 airport restaurants.

Top of the list is Gaston's, home of the annual BAC to Gaston's fall fly-in.

http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/BOB.html

How many of these have BACer been to?

I think I've heard mention of Sedona.

RDs now you have places to go. Maybe we should see if we can get BAC to the top 26.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Mesa Grill, Sedona, AZ

Tin Goose Diner, Port Clinton, OH

Gonna make Pilot Petes and Gastons one of these days.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

The Perfect Landing at APA, great breakfast spot.
    My airplane isn't slow... it's stately.

Sedona's Mesa Grill is a great breakfast destination. Winter time a good lunch/dinner, but a bit Foo Foo for me. I will admit that there has been something on the menu that my picky stomach can tolerate. I should probably do another fly in there before the DA climbs to 5 figures. Great approach if the wind is light. Not so much fun with any wind that is not down the runway. Probably not a good destination for flatlanders. But, out here, there are not a lot of good destinations for flatlanders. Maybe I should hold a high altitude clinic like I did down at Cochabamba, Bolivia. Any one have a good idea as to where? I don't think it is a good idea to hold it out here as I'd only be giving a presentation to the survivers.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Climbing to Cruise Climbing to Cruise
    I have been to Sedona with Marty and to Gaston's fly fishing along with a BAC fly in. Great places to visit!!!!
    Randy Martin
    N38058, BE-23

I've been to three of them. Gaston's, Sky Galley at KLUK (Cincinnati, OH) and Le Relais at KLOU (Louisville, KY). Le Relais is one of the high dollar, white table cloth places. Half the food for twice the money! But hey, we're all rich airplane owners. We can afford it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mvanover View Post
    Sedona's Mesa Grill is a great breakfast destination. Winter time a good lunch/dinner, but a bit Foo Foo for me. I will admit that there has been something on the menu that my picky stomach can tolerate. I should probably do another fly in there before the DA climbs to 5 figures. Great approach if the wind is light. Not so much fun with any wind that is not down the runway. Probably not a good destination for flatlanders. But, out here, there are not a lot of good destinations for flatlanders. Maybe I should hold a high altitude clinic like I did down at Cochabamba, Bolivia. Any one have a good idea as to where? I don't think it is a good idea to hold it out here as I'd only be giving a presentation to the survivers.
    Prescott would be a good place to start. Then a route up through Flagstaff, Winslow, and Sedona.
    My airplane isn't slow... it's stately.

I got some dual in a 172 out of Sedona - lots of takeoffs and landings as well as a landing and takeoff at Flagstaff. Pretty interesting for a flatlander like me!
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

How'd I miss this thread. Just 2 questions:

who's coming to the Ladies Love Taildraggers fly in at Gaston's on the 5/29 weekend?

and

why isn't any of the Lambert's on the list...??

Quote Originally Posted by j_w_bruce View Post
    How'd I miss this thread. Just 2 questions:

who's coming to the Ladies Love Taildraggers fly in at Gaston's on the 5/29 weekend?

and

why isn't any of the Lambert's on the list...??
    The list is of "airport restaurants."

I've never been to the Lambert's in Sikeston but the one in Foley is a fur piece from the aerodrome.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.