Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAC TAC Notams

BAC TAC Notams

Looks like our final head count is going to be 25 for the anniversary celebration. Here are a few odds and ends about the event.

The reception Thursday night will be in Hospitality Suite 217. We'll plan to gather there around 5:00. Everyone is asked to bring a beverage unique to your home area (if possible). Mixers and light appetizers will be provided. For those wishing to have dinner, we'll adjourn at 6:45 to the Marriott's restaurant at 7:00. Dress for Thursday is casual.

Friday night's dinner will be in the private dining room inside the Marriott's restaurant and begin with a cash bar cocktail hour at 6:00. We'll be seated for dinner at 7:00. Dress for Friday is business casual.

When flying into Jabara airport, note that runway 18 uses a right hand pattern.

Upon arrival, if you need a ride to the Marriott, their shuttle will come pick you up by calling the hotel, 316-651-0333. If you know your arrival time, you may call in advance and schedule a pickup time.

The Wichita Marriott is located at 9100 Corporate Hills Drive.

Fly safe. Blue skies and tailwinds for all!
    Last edited by bmitchell; 06-16-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Brad,

Thanks for the heads up.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Brad-

What a great job you have done in pulling this together. Until one has been through the process it is impossible to appreciate how difficult it is to get all of this to come together. Finding a site for an event in the first place is not so easy but then lining up an acceptable hotel, workable airport, transportation and activities sends the degree of difficulty way beyond what most people think! We can't thank you enough for what you have done (and not only for this event, there have been many others!).

I wish more members could make it as these events are special as well as a lot of fun. We are a flying club and that part is important, to be sure, but combining flying with getting together with other members (old friends and new) make these get-togethers really something to remember!

Everybody travel safely and enjoy! Toast BAC heartily and have a great time!

And once again, Brad, THANK YOU!
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

I look forward to meeting you all during your time in Wichita.

We have had a great deal of much needed rain the past two weeks and more is expected. The landing strip at Beaumont may not be in great condition, especially for retractable gear planes.
    Also, Stearman Field (1K1) is holding its 11th Annual Fly-In on June 21st. I've attached a poster for those interested.

All the best!

Seventh-Annual-Fly-in.jpg
    Last edited by Donald Olsen; 06-16-2014 at 06:07 PM.

All,

I spoke with a staff person at KAAO concerning the tie down fees for BAC TAC. I was told that if you purchase fuel they would waive the tie down fee for the nights you are at the event.
    Regards,
    Dave

Thanks Dave for checking on that. And Chris, thank you for your kind words. I'm just sorry you won't be able to make it. You've put a tremendous amount of effort yourself into planning the event and coordinating the factory tour. Just as it takes a village to raise a child, any event requires more than one set of hands toiling away at the details. Your presence will be missed.

I received this from Eventbrite this morning: This gives the impression that the plant tour is Thursday at 10:00 a.m. My understanding is that it is at 9:00 a.m. on Friday. I won't be arriving until late Thursday evening due to work commitments, but this is the first time I have seen anything setting up BAC TAC for a Thursday,10:00 a.m. arrival. Please, someone explain.
    Last edited by niechiro; 06-17-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

The tour starts at 9:00 AM, June 20th.
    Last edited by Clinderman; 06-17-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

The celebration starts Thursday.
    Cloyd Van Hook

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

It's been windy and gusty there the last couple of days. Last I looked it was 23 gusting to 33 at 200. So at least it's blowing pretty much down the runway. Be careful, guys and gals.
    Cloyd Van Hook