• Saturday is BAC at Rutland, Vermont

    Larry Perry, Airboss of Vermont hosts the first BAC event of the year in Vermont on June 18 at Rutland (KRUT).

    EAA is doing pancakes and BAC will piggyback a fly-in on their "Tail Draggers" annual get together.

    This is the last event of Spring and one of many fly-ins this year in the Northeast Region.

    Some showers forecast. Watch out for mountaintops. See you at Rutland.

    Tom Corcoran
    Northeast Region Director
    Comments 5 Comments
    1. scottb613's Avatar
      scottb613 -
      Hi Tom,

      What time should we plan to be there ???

      RUTLAND - Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northwest between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

      Regards,
      Scott
    1. corcoran's Avatar
      corcoran -
      I'm sure the pancake breakfast starts early. Arrive at your leisure. Look for Beeches.

      Our intinerary is to enjoy the taildraggers.

      Fly safe. 40% chance of rain means 60% chance of not raining. Larry Perry, Airboss of Vermont has the weather under control.

      Tom Corcoran
    1. spotthepilot's Avatar
      spotthepilot -
      Rain or shine, the fly-in/pancake breakfast is on. The EAA chapter pancake breakfast runs from 8 am to noon (although the guys at the KRUT hanger at 4:30 this afternoon said 11 am)

      There's a tent set up outside the EAA hanger, just to the west of the commercial terminal (Cape Air does three Rutland-Boston trips each day)

      27.1 nm east of Rutland is Claremont, NH (KCNH) where 100LL is currently $4.95/gallon.

      I plan to head to the airport early and if the clouds haven't lifted by 9:30 I'll drive to KRUT (I'm less than an hour away.)

      Hope to see you there!

      Larry
    1. corcoran's Avatar
      corcoran -
      I never thought I would think $4.95 per gallon for 100LL was "cheap".

      Let's see... 27.1 nm equals about two/three gallons to fly there. I spent $5.60 each for the two/three gallons in my tank. I'll save 65 cents per gallon for filling up. That's to replenish the 14 gallons to get to Rutland and go to New Hampshire. 14 x .65 is about ten bucks.
      I'll do it. Thanks for the heads-up Larry Perry, Airboss of Vermont!

      Tom Corcoran
      See you at KRUT Saturday
    1. scottb613's Avatar
      scottb613 -
      All dressed up and no place to go... Arrrgh... At airport - brief was good this AM around 0500 - now weather seems to have gone down hill at KRUT... So frustrating... Haven't really had a good trip since last year... PS: Anyone else have trouble getting an East Coast briefer this AM ??? On hold over 25 mins before I gave up - decided to get one in California instead...

      Regards,
      Scott
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO