Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh BAC Friday Evening Meet & Greet

Oshkosh BAC Friday Evening Meet & Greet

It appears that there are at least 4 or 5 of us that will be attending Oshkosh late in the week. I propose that we meet & grill at my and Linda's camp site after the Thunderbird air show on Friday (air show to be at 5 p.m.). If you have any other ideas for Friday evening, let us know and maybe we can do whatever you like. For now, you will have to call my cell Friday to find out where our camp site is. My cell is: 308-340-7283 & Linda's is 308-340-2800 in case MIke does not answer. See you there!!!
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Hi Mike --

Lisa and I will be there.

Mark Anderson
    '73 Sundowner
    N24693, KRYV

I plan to arrive at the campsite around 5 PM on Friday and stay through Sunday, cell number 408-623-4004

Sounds good. Please count on myself and two kids.

Flight Levels Flight Levels rashby's Avatar
    I plan to arrive Friday evening, but probably not until 6:30/7:00. Once we land I will give a call and see if folks are still hanging around.
    Roland Ashby
    Beech Sport, Aeronca Chief (sold) and Zenith CH650 (currently being built)

If you are coming and have not been able to tell us for sure, let me know you are coming. So far I have the following for the Friday evening meet & greet:
    Mark & Lisa Anderson (2)
    Mark Shindel (1)
    James Brocksmith & 2 kids (3)
    Roland Ashby (1)
    Mike & Linda Nielsen (2)
    Andy & Laura Nielsen (2)
    That makes eleven. If you are able to come and cannot let us know in advance, please do come. We will have enough food and drink. Drink will probably be soda so if you want anything else, BYOB.
    We are planning on roasting brats. If you would like something else such as hamburger, let me know either in this thread or PM me if you have special dietary considerations or a different taste.
    If you have them, bring your own lawn chairs. If not, we will make do.
    We will head by bicycle to our camp site Friday after the Thunderbird air show (which starts at 5:00 p.m. & ends ????).
    You can call me any time Friday for location of our camp site. I don't have anyone like John Redmon who knows how to post a satellite picture of it, so I will just have to give you the approximate location with intersecting streets. It is possible I may be able to give you coordinates, but no promises as I am not young enough to be techie. We will try to bring our BAC Banner so look for it when you get close.
    Please refer to our cell phone numbers which we listed in the first post in this thread.
    See y'all soon!!!
    Mike Nielsen
    Last edited by niechiro; 07-28-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Flight Levels Flight Levels rashby's Avatar
    I will be arriving with a friend after the thunderbirds. Probably on the ground about 7. Will call when we land and have set up camp.
    Roland Ashby
    Beech Sport, Aeronca Chief (sold) and Zenith CH650 (currently being built)

If you are camping by your plane, once you get it set up call me for location and there is a possibility we could drive over near you to pick you up. This depends a lot on the traffic. It may be quicker to walk if it is very busy after the Thunderbirds.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Friday forecast is for sunny with 50% chance of showers. We will have a blue canopy set up just in case we need shelter. If rain is very heavy we will have to move to a restaurant. So look for the blue canopy and the BAC banner. Call me for approximate location Friday.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

I'll take a pick-up. N-40, row 556. Thanks