Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a FLY-IN

Thumbs up How about a FLY-IN

I am new to BAC and I don't want to over step my bounds here so here goes, are there any BAC members in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana or wherever that might be interested in flying to, oh say Jackson, Michigan for lunch some Saturday or Sunday this Spring? Just wondering, I see other regions doing something like this. I did when flying my Grumman's. Just a thought.

Over step your bounds???

Welcome!!!

Please step to the front of our eroom! Pick a beautiful spot that you like, a date that works and post a flyin! If weather crashes it? Reschedule it.

Have fun!!!

I'm in Indiana, 2R2. I'm assuming Jackson is 5MI7? that looks like a good flight, I would be interested in a flyin, maybe I could get some of my friends to come also, They may be flying something other then BAC aircraft but I don't hold that against them they're good people
    Tim Vangundy
    Camby, Indiana
    Gordon Graham Field, 2R2
    1978 Sundowner
    N18977

Jackson, Reynolds Field is KJXN. It is a popular fly-in destination as the restaurant is located right on the field. I have been there several times. It is Tower controlled if that makes a difference. If I knew my Sierra would be out of the shop (vacuum pump went South while I was headed West) I would suggest this Saturday April 18th however due to short notice and not knowing if my plane will be ready how about Saturday April 25th weather permitting. NOTE: You do not want to go to Jackson if MIS (Michigan International Speedway) is racing you would not find a place anywhere on the airport, all the drivers come in in their private jets.

Mike,

Welcome aboard!! Great idea ...... and a way to meet another mouse driver.

Nelson
    (San Antonio)
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Hey Mike ,
    No Bounds over stepped .Welcome to the Club. Fly Ins are a great way to meet and socialize . Every member is encouraged to set up , organize or attend a Fly In . Anyway we can help you get the word out just say or call . Hope to see you at one or Bacfest. Take photos and submit so we can post them here or on the club Facebook page. If you or any of you need anything at all.The Board and Regional Directors cell phones are linked to our toll-free number below the logo on the top of the page.

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990

did a fly in at coldwater mi last year oeb jax is only 25 min for me.
    Larry Newland
    Places I've been in my B24R

Looks like Saturday
    April 25th is a wash out, however I am still planning on bringing N38566 to Kjxn (Jackson, MI) on Sunday April 26th for lunch should anyone care to join me.

N9152S will be there around 12:30pm from yip with wife
    Larry Newland

by the way fuel was $4.50 cash last week N9152S
    Larry Newland