Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BACFest 2015 Hotel/Schedule

Here is contact info for the Hilton Garden Inn:(563) 585-5200. The rooms are reserved under 'Beech Aero Club' and will be released 07/21/2015. 10 kings and 5 doubles @ $159/night.

Hilton Garden will also be providing free transportation to and from the Grand Harbor.
    N3630Q
    N9357S
    Jim Weiser

DO we call the Hilton Garden Inn directly or just book thru the website? To verify, they will shuttle us to the event and airport??

You should call the Hilton directly. We are going to have a van to pick arrivals up from the airport on Thursday. If you arrive later we will post a cell number on the website that you can call and we will get you picked up at he airport. The Hilton will shuttle to the Grand Harbor for the events.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Here is contact info for the Hilton Garden Inn563) 585-5200. The rooms are reserved under 'Beech Aero Club' and will be released three weeks prior . 10 kings and 5 doubles @ $159/night.

Hilton Garden will also be providing free transportation to and from the Grand Harbor

You should call the Hilton directly. We are going to have a van to pick arrivals up from the airport on Thursday. If you arrive later we will post a cell number (855 We Fly Beech ext 3 ) on the website that you can call and we will get you picked up at the airport. The Hilton will shuttle to the Grand Harbor for the events.

We are still getting more reservations and registrations. This has the potential to be the biggest ever. 36 planes and counting so far . Don't delay on registering and getting a room while we can figure out a way to keep your costs down. The Dubuque team has really done there homework and organized a amazing event . All they ask is you register and reserve a room so they can better plan. If you are in range of this ,I would strongly recommend you attend. You will most likely be kicking yourself if you have the ability to participate in some function and do not. If you reserved a room and haven't registered please email to be added jp@getxray.com Thanks JP

Note. I cut and paste the above threads to put it all together.

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990

Jim and Denis and John and other very capable volunteers,

Thanks for the great job in management and scheduling. Getting excited ....

My plans and info:
    - arrival Wednesday afternoon with a full day's flight. Alternate travel day is Tuesday if the weather points me in that direction. I don't want to miss this!
    - hoping for a CFI ride on Thursday for bi-annual. Also prop balancing. Schedules?
    - plan to bike ride around town (folding bike - photo). Area bike paths look pretty good. Any others?
    - my cell phone 210-834-1991 if anyone wishes to call at DBQ or prior

Be safe,
    Nelson Amen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Unofficial hotel update:

I just talked to Grand Harbor-DBQ and they still have rooms. As Brother Bill S pointed out, it is just the BAC rate rooms that are sold out. There are still some reasonable room rates. The Hilton Garden also still has rooms.

Thanks to all the Coordinators/Volunteers/Behind-the-scenes unpraised folks that are making this event another great one! I can't wait.

Hold my beer, watch this!

Bob
    Always have an "out"

Bob Prange
    N6928Q
    Musketeer Custom III
    M1070
    Manufactured Nov 1, 1967
    KHWY
    Warrenton, VA

Is camping on the field at DBQ an option, and if so, is anyone wishing or planning to camp?

CB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

Tom, Since the field is class D with commercial service I don't think camping on the field would be an option. I am flying to DBQ on Sunday to do some planning with the BAC team, I will ask the locals what camping options could be available.

Quote Originally Posted by CleoBen View Post
    Is camping on the field at DBQ an option, and if so, is anyone wishing or planning to camp?

CB

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Nelson, I am have a spread sheet started for Prop Balancing scheduling. I will send you a copy with the time slots.
    Thanks, Denis

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet nelson View Post
    Jim and Denis and John and other very capable volunteers,

Thanks for the great job in management and scheduling. Getting excited ....

My plans and info:
    - arrival Wednesday afternoon with a full day's flight. Alternate travel day is Tuesday if the weather points me in that direction. I don't want to miss this!
    - hoping for a CFI ride on Thursday for bi-annual. Also prop balancing. Schedules?
    - plan to bike ride around town (folding bike - photo). Area bike paths look pretty good. Any others?
    - my cell phone 210-834-1991 if anyone wishes to call at DBQ or prior

Be safe,
    Nelson Amen

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser