Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BACFest 2016

I think that Boston would be a big draw. I'd use it as the kick off for a New England fall color vacation. Wife wants Canton, OH or Cooperstown, NY. I'm not that big on sports, but either would be different. I agree not to go back to a place we've been. What ever place is decided, there has to be something there to do other than shop and eat. Las Vegas would seem to be a natural place to do this, but no one seems to be interested. Pretty easy place to fly to. Not much in the way of high terrain the valley LAS sits in is big and flat. Oh yeah, Travers City, MI. I've been there in October and it was gorgeous. The town is a bit artsie fartsie, but there is the resort, vinyards, Grand Travers Bay boat cruises (some with entertainment). I might be able to get a short tour of the Coast Guard facility (my son was there for 4 years). If the weather turns sour, there is always snowmobiling, ice fishing and cross country skiing. The seem to have a good amount of festivals during the year, one might coincide with BAC Fest. I would think Green Bay would also have a bit to do there. Milwaukee? There's a possibility, we hit a couple brewery tours and who cares there ain't much else to do. Just about any "Great Lakes" towns would be interesting. Like Dubuque, there are other River Towns. Natchez, MS comes to mind. I stopped at the airport for gas once. Very pretty setting.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Vegas would be fun. I've never been there. Well I've never been to a lot of the places listed in this thread. Flying to Vegas would be fun though. Lots of scenery and mountains.
    Kyle Setrum
    Super III
    6953Q

I don't know how many would attend but I'd be interested. This may be something we do in the spring as a Mini-BACFest.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwerbin View Post
    I would help set up a Bahamas BACFest if we wanted one!

Would someone post the places where the BAC Conference has been held in the past?

2006 - Wichita, KS
    2007 - Myrtle Beach, SC
    2008 - Santa Maria, CA
    2009 - Gatlinburg, TN
    2010 - San Antonio, TX
    2011 - Ithaca, NY
    2012 - Gulf Shores, AL
    2013 - Virginia Beach, VA
    2014 - Portland, OR
    2015 - Dubuque, IA

I have promoted the idea of a miniBACFest in the late spring for a couple of years now. Perhaps as we look at all the possibilities for the next BACFest, we might want to pick out a spring miniBACFest. The spring one would not have to have any BOD or annual meetings. It would be a lot less formal and focus on getting us and our mice together.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

It's hard to beat Asheville NC in the fall of the year. Nothing like Appalachian Mountains when the leaves turn. Not to mention craft brews, lively downtown seen and of course bluegrass everywhere you turn. Most of all some of the best trout fishing anyone could ask for, pretty much all I care about and the bluegrass O' and the beer. You can have the downtown seen.
    Donald Tyndall
    North Carolina
    Sundowner N2151W

2016 will be 10 years to right?
    Donald Tyndall
    North Carolina
    Sundowner N2151W

Don-

Should I list you for the host/coordinator for a potential Ashville, NC event?

Chris Nowak
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

I like Asheville! Airport is out a little way from downtown. Side benefit, Marty is missing NC on his map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk