Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23A Combustion air intake tube

23A Combustion air intake tube

I am looking for an intake tube for my '65 23A w/ IO-346, Part #169-910041-21 that is superceded to part #169-910041-23. Does anyone know where one might be available. Beech no longer has any.

Tom,

I have an interest as well (1976 Sundowner). The scat (or whatever) 3-inch installed on my plane from the filter to the carb is listed as "not for suction/negative pressure applications" .... While installed for many years (and always carefully inspected at each opportunity), it is one of my "should I be worried?" items, since the manifold pressure theoretically could suck in and collapse that inner layer.

Maybe I worry too much.

trumpet Nelson
    (photo - - this is how I mark the inner layer to assure that it is correctly installed on the OD of any connection, and not hanging in the air flow)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet nelson View Post
    Tom,

I have an interest as well (1976 Sundowner). The scat (or whatever) 3-inch installed on my plane from the filter to the carb is listed as "not for suction/negative pressure applications" .... While installed for many years (and always carefully inspected at each opportunity), it is one of my "should I be worried?" items, since the manifold pressure theoretically could suck in and collapse that inner layer.

Maybe I worry too much.

trumpet Nelson
    (photo - - this is how I mark the inner layer to assure that it is correctly installed on the OD of any connection, and not hanging in the air flow)
    Mine is a metal tube that has a diverter door on it to open in case the filter ices up and there is no flow through it.
    Thanks anyway for your response.
    I have noted that many of the wired tubings state that they are not for negative pressure applications., but all that I have seen have the internally coated wires to prevent corrosion on them. Don't know what else may be available.

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom,

Can you post a picture of this part? Or, post the Figure and Item number from an IPC? I can't find it in the downloads documents I have access to.

As far as the flexible induction ducts, they have been using them for years. Custom Ducts can make fine replacement ducts that are double wall and cuffed that should be able to take more negative pressure than our induction systems can ever make.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanover View Post
    Tom,

Can you post a picture of this part? Or, post the Figure and Item number from an IPC? I can't find it in the downloads documents I have access to.

As far as the flexible induction ducts, they have been using them for years. Custom Ducts can make fine replacement ducts that are double wall and cuffed that should be able to take more negative pressure than our induction systems can ever make.
    Part #169-910041-21 that is superseded to part #169-910041-23

I think I have one on my spare engine. It is not perfect but usable.

Quote Originally Posted by $2KMouse66 View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomflyons; 12-24-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Adding information

Quote Originally Posted by $2KMouse66 View Post
    I have uploaded two photos of this tube. Mine has some cracks that have been drilled, but the door does not close completely. If you have one that will work, please let me know how much you want for it. Thanks, Tom

I just posted two photos of the tube. Thanks, Tom

Tom,
    Is that not repairable without too much effort?
    Mark
    In Oz

Where I have landed a Beech

(Plus, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom)