Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 23A Combustion air intake tube

Tom,

I have a guy here in Phoenix that can repair about anything. I saw him weld up a cracked and broken B-17 magnesium wheel half and made it look new. That wheel is still flying on Sentimental Journey. My alternator had worn mount holes. He just fixed them and I will install the alternator tomorrow. If you can send me the part, I'll see what can be done. No promises, no paper work, but if he does the job, it will be just about perfect.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by markweiss View Post
    Tom,
    Is that not repairable without too much effort?
    It could be, but was looking to find one that didn't need any repairs.

Thanks for your reply.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mvanover View Post
    Tom,

I have a guy here in Phoenix that can repair about anything. I saw him weld up a cracked and broken B-17 magnesium wheel half and made it look new. That wheel is still flying on Sentimental Journey. My alternator had worn mount holes. He just fixed them and I will install the alternator tomorrow. If you can send me the part, I'll see what can be done. No promises, no paper work, but if he does the job, it will be just about perfect.
    Marty,
    Thanks for your response. I was looking for one that did not need repairs, but may just send this to you if I don't locate one.
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12