Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BACfest 2016 Service Clinic

BACfest 2016 Service Clinic

Good Day Fellow Members...

We are getting closer to our annual event, BACfest 2016 - Branson. One of the wonderful features for attendees at BACfest is the education you gain through our service clinic presentations. On Friday, September 23, we will be holding a service clinic on our beautiful birds. We try to select some specific topics suggested by our members to address during the clinic. One suggested topic has been the subject of rigging our aircraft. Another issue, one that I recently addressed on my Sundowner, was the nose gear and the maintenance associated with eliminating any shimmy experiences.

I am reaching out to you, our membership, for additional suggested topics that might be selected for presentation at the BACfest 2016 service clinic. I look forward to hearing from you.

BTW, if you have not made your hotel reservations or registered with BAC, please do so as soon as possible. It would be disappointing that procrastination would eliminate your chance of staying at the host hotel which might make it difficult to enjoy a closer camaraderie with your fellow BAC-members. As Larry-the-CableGuy says, "git-r-done."

Contact the hotel and let them know you are attending the BEECH AERO CLUB event.
    Radisson Hotel Branson
    120 South Wildwood Drive
    Branson, MO 65616
    (417)335-5767
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Chris,
    A rigging discussion is a great idea. Specifically, I am looking for expertise on the rudder/aileron connection and how to adjust. Mine is off just enough to allow a 2 or 3 mph gain when I rest my foot on the left pedal to center the ball during cruise. I have seen the "cable clamping" area under the floor and the fasteners used by Beechcraft, and I am very hesitant to loosen/adjust that puppy (aka: .... SPRANG! .... oh nooooo).

Separately - - let me know if there is enough interest for me to develop a "make your own fiberglass parts" workshop.
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    I'd like "Rigging" too.
    I have to rest my RIGHT foot on the pedal to center the (half) ball. Mostly I ignore it!
    Is an inclinometer ever not accurate?

Margie and I are registered for Branson.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet nelson View Post
    Chris,
    A rigging discussion is a great idea. Specifically, I am looking for expertise on the rudder/aileron connection and how to adjust. Mine is off just enough to allow a 2 or 3 mph gain when I rest my foot on the left pedal to center the ball during cruise. I have seen the "cable clamping" area under the floor and the fasteners used by Beechcraft, and I am very hesitant to loosen/adjust that puppy (aka: .... SPRANG! .... oh nooooo).

Separately - - let me know if there is enough interest for me to develop a "make your own fiberglass parts" workshop.
    Trump:
    The rudder/aileron interconnect is rarely the prob, and you are right about the spraaaaaaang.
    I'd like to use your SD as the example and you can demonstrate your one man lower cowl r&r.
    If you can start making the early model chin fairing (bottom forward cowl, on top of the NLG) you will own the market, no one makes it anymore. I will post pix of my "repair" for comedic effect.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848

I have had my rigging worked on a couple of times and there is no way I would, as an owner, touch it. I am sure FAA regs do not allow that and I think it is unwise for anyone but an A&P to be working on this. My rigging is still not right, but until I can find someone who knows enough to deal with it, it will stay the way it is.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Knots2U has the fairing... $118....

http://www.knots2u.net/new-category-15/
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Steve59 View Post
    Rap are you talking about this fairing?

http://www.aerofairings.ca/photos/se...R/A1007-10.jpg
    No, that is the later fairing. aerofairings used to show the smaller early fairing but didn't have one available about 2 yrs ago.

Rap McBurney
    N28848

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
    Knots2U has the fairing... $118....

http://www.knots2u.net/new-category-15/
    That appears to be very similar to the early fairing, if avail I stand corrected.

Rap McBurney
    N28848

Quote Originally Posted by niechiro View Post
    I have had my rigging worked on a couple of times and there is no way I would, as an owner, touch it. I am sure FAA regs do not allow that and I think it is unwise for anyone but an A&P to be working on this. My rigging is still not right, but until I can find someone who knows enough to deal with it, it will stay the way it is.
    Mike:
    Totally agree, this is not owner maint territory, but is is an area where an owner can educate the a&p on the proper approach.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N28848