Thread: Massey Aerodrome (MD1) Maryland

Massey Aerodrome (MD1) Maryland

We are a week from the fly-in. A great grassroots fly-in on the east coast in MD. Who's joining me? I'll be there from 10-2 and grabbing lunch.

I'm planning to be there!

Alan, are you going around the west side of the SFRA?

Yes. I'm going to stop at St Mary's and then some others on my way up and collect my Maryland Stamps

With the way the thunderstorms are rolling in in the afternoons, I may leave earlier than 2:00. I still plan to be there around 10:00am

We have a TFR all weekend (KOXB) for the air show. I'm thinking about driving over to Massey.
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by GMascelli View Post
    We have a TFR all weekend (KOXB) for the air show. I'm thinking about driving over to Massey.
    They are calling for heavy fog here in the morning. We go drenched with rain. I'm a little worried about the field condition if they got anywhere near the rain we got. I'm going to call in the morning and see what the conditions are.

500 ft ceilings here right now and IFR all along the route. As of now, I'm not going but if the ceilings lift by 9:30, I may change my mind

Thanks for setting this up Alan !!! Mid Atlantic is due for some Fly Ins .

John Persinger
    Beech Aero Club President
    N18990

The Massey Aerodrome website says they are going ahead with it today. I didn't go. I like higher ceilings when crossing the Chesapeake Bay. The west route looked like obscured ridges in the hills.

Alan, thanks for arranging this one.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by A23ABobP View Post
    The Massey Aerodrome website says they are going ahead with it today. I didn't go. I like higher ceilings when crossing the Chesapeake Bay. The west route looked like obscured ridges in the hills.

Alan, thanks for arranging this one.

Bob
    I called and at 10:00 they had 600ft ceilings and didn't know if or when it would lift so obviously I didn't go. Gonna try another one soon