Thread: SOUTH CENTRAL FLY-IN - - JAN 28,2018 - near Oklahoma City - KOUN

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System trumpet nelson's Avatar

SOUTH CENTRAL FLY-IN - - JAN 28,2018 - near Oklahoma City - KOUN

Airport - KOUN
    Sunday - - - Jan 28th
    time - arrive 11:00 to 11:30 ish, and we'll have lunch
    meeting at Ozzie's Diner on the airport 405-364-9835
    alternate date for weather - - February 3rd (Saturday), same times
    Keep an eye on this forum thread for updates, and see if Trumpet Nelson's new engine makes it there ....
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

You are a couple months ahead of me. Hopefully driving the new engine back to ALN this weekend. Then another 45 to 60 days before I am in the air (I am knocking on wood) .
    Jay L.
    Sierra 2044L Driver

Forecast is Sunny, light winds, and a high of 58. PERFECT !!

See you all Sunday!
    Nelson Amen

POSTPONED - - - - - MOVED TO LATER DATE

Well .... no one has responded and I am not flying 3 hours to sit by myself for lunch !!

I am officially moving this fly-in to FEBRUARY 3RD. Now to see who might want to join in next Saturday ....

Be safe.
    Nelson Amen

Sorry - got busy with work this week. I wasn't sure if the Sierra was going to be flyable by this weekend (turns out it was).

I'm going flying Sunday and need to put some distance on. I'm behind on my break in with the down time and need to recalibrate my consumption now that the oil leak is fixed. Unfortunately next weekend I have BFR and IFR IPC scheduled Friday and Sunday afternoon .

We have a vacation after that 10th-17th but we are back Saturday. Sunday the 18th is a flyable day as is the next weekend 24th/25th. I'm behind on flying so will be in the air every weekend I can. Barring doing worse than I expect I should even be instrument legal by that weekend.
    -=-
    Mark

I'm interested in the 3rd....... I'll watch the weather and I'll let you know.
    Curt Lindauer
    Sierra N9369S

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet nelson View Post
    Forecast is Sunny, light winds, and a high of 58. PERFECT !!

See you all Sunday!
    Perhaps a closer fly in -for the future- to Lockhart (50R) in central Texas would probably be more convenient for some us; they have the greatest- Texas style BBQ at several places in town and only a short trip in any of the convenient “BBQ shuttle vans” for our use from the FBO!

Just an idea

Arturo
    Last edited by arturo1; 01-28-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Ozzie's is great. Went there for the AOPA fly in and found it to be a great place. Asked three staff why it was called Ozzie's before one had an answer (the bandleader Ozzie Nelson was a favorite of the owner). Wish I was closer but OUN is about 5.2 hours each way. Wish I didn't have to go around the tall granite.

If you TX guys are thinking an alternate destination, how about the Hard-Eight in Stevenville? We landed there on the way by and it is everything they say, short walk from the plane to the greatest BBQ. A must if I am every within a couple hundred miles.
    Michael Dunlevie

Where the Sundowner took me.

Sarchasm (noun): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Nelson, I am out for next weekend. Have to take care of the lady since I was gone for a lot of this weekend. Sorry - but I am closer to having a flying aircraft
    Jay L.
    Sierra 2044L Driver

From the frozen tundra of Central Illinois, I'm calling this one early. We will not be there. SNOW is in the forecast for Saturday. Maybe next time.
    Curt Lindauer
    Sierra N9369S