Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massey Air Museum, MD (MD1)

Preparing for Take-off Preparing for Take-off
    Howdy, my Wife and I recently purchased a Skipper and are based near KDOV. If your breakfast fly-ins are an open invite, we'd like to be added to the list.

Bob,

I'm in Ocean City, MD. We'll have to meet up. We retired here from Wilmington, DE., so we are back and forth to ILG on occasion.

All BAC fly-in events are open to members, I even met up with a few P & C flyers. I kid because now I'm flying a Commander, but I'm still a member here and always will be. We used to fly a Sundowner when we joined.
    Last edited by GMascelli; 08-06-2019 at 05:55 AM.
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

"Life isn't about avoiding the bruises... It's about collecting the scars... To prove we showed up for it."

I'm at Martin State and find myself on the Eastern Shore quite often. Let's meet up soon.
    Les Gawlik

N6008L M-2087
    Martin State Airport (KMTN), Baltimore, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperbob View Post
    Howdy, my Wife and I recently purchased a Skipper and are based near KDOV. If your breakfast fly-ins are an open invite, we'd like to be added to the list.
    Thank goodness we finally have an active Skipper! Watch the events calendar. The next east coast event we have is at LKU in VA. You are more than welcome at any and all of our events. If you want to hold an event yourself, feel free to post it. An invite to a new airport and a restaurant will usually draw in a few people!

WELCOME to the family ChopperBob!!!!!!
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Welcome Bob!
    That reminds me that I soloed in a Skipper in1980 and I loved this plane so much! I'd love to see one live again one day because they became so rare - especially in Germany!
    I wish you many great flights and always happy landings!

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk
    Peter

D-EAPS
    B24R
    MC-239
    EDFE - Germany

As for the Beech Skipper it is in my opinion the best little airplane out there. I flight instructed on Skippers back in the late 1980's out of Riverside Ca, same place that I also instructed on Sundowners. I wonder what happened to Riverside Air (Service?) Center.
    The Skipper is a tough bird and it is on my when I "retire I gotta have one list". It certainly could use an O-320 it has the structural heft and strength, with the additional Hp it could be a superior performer in all regards, it is excellent as is. Should be a dream with 20 or more horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperbob View Post
    Massey was just a hop, skip(per) and a jump from you. Wish you had come over!

I had my hands full at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by drwhite View Post
    Massey was just a hop, skip(per) and a jump from you. Wish you had come over!
    Unfortunately, I was driving my Wife up to KEWR that day for her work trip.

I will definitely look into the event calendar. I don't know if anyone has planned a KGED (Delaware Coastal) fly-in, but the Arenas restaurant in the terminal building makes terrific sandwiches and sweet potato fries. It's a possible option, if it hasn't been done.

A little more about our Skipper. He was a barn find for a Hondajet A&P out of Greensboro, NC. He got our 1980 Skipper running and flew him cross-country from TX to NC. Then he overhauled the engine and put in a modern instrument panel including two G-5s, an fan cooled Ipad dash mount, 430, and Garmin audio panel. Skippy isn't fast, but for me, at 6-4, his cockpit is spacious and comfortable compared to a Liberty, Warrior, or Cessna. We were looking for comfort and build quality, so we got both in the baby beech.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmason View Post
    As for the Beech Skipper it is in my opinion the best little airplane out there. I flight instructed on Skippers back in the late 1980's out of Riverside Ca, same place that I also instructed on Sundowners.
    Wow, what a blast from the past. I flew into Riverside Muni many times training for my IFR rotorcraft rating- I was Police Pilot based out of KSNA. My Wife's home (before we were married) was in the Jurupa Hills-Limonite Ave. that overlooked the airport. We'd sit on her patio and watch the annual airshow at KRAL.