Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alaska 2020

Quote Originally Posted by rashby View Post
    I would love to do this trip, however I don't think I want to jump through all the hoops to do my 3rd class medical again....... However, it would be worth it for this trip! How would the group feel about 100kt sport joining the fun?
    Roland, the speed of the mouse is a non-factor. We will figure out the best way to keep seperation and everyone stay safe. You are welcome to join the group and be part of the experience.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Can you go through and stop in canada with Basic Med?
    Fred (fastfred) Culleton
    N6703P-Sierra C24R
    Flowery Branch, Ga
    KLZU Home Base

Quote Originally Posted by FASTFRED View Post
    Can you go through and stop in canada with Basic Med?
    ===========

My SWAG.
    A medical is a medical. ICAO does not specify who is the examine physician. Further no one ever asked me for my medical except our own inspectors. I flew to Canada many times back in the day (last time 2008 and unless things changed I don't recall ever meeting a Canadian Customs guy, unless driving.
    Last edited by maxmason; 09-05-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: making it better

Not sure, but I think Basic Med doesn't work in the Great White North.
    Les Gawlik

N6008L M-2087
    Martin State Airport (KMTN), Baltimore, Maryland

Can't fly Canada under BasicMed currently, but they are working on it (for a while now...). In 2008 there was no BasicMed so if you went to Canada then there's no comparison to now. From what others who have crossed the border recently have posted here, you do get checked in on entry to Canada. It would be quite a bummer to go on the risk they won't check your documents and find out they get checked, you argue ICAO and get denied entry. But if your a risk taker, go for it and let us know how it works out.
    Michael Dunlevie

N9185S has taken me, so far...

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

I haven't flown there since BasicMed, but they never checked any documents the half dozen times I've crossed the border. That includes the radio station license you are suppose to have. I talked with a Canadian Customs Agent a few years back about that, and he said he's done customs inspections 'with prejudice' and never asked for it. YMMV. Legally, you should have it. We haven't had one since they started charging for it.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Given the earlier comments in this thread about the Alaska to Sibera route, I thought this article in the General Aviation New was interesting.

scan056.jpg
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Interesting. I think B369 is the name of the route on the charts.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345