Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BACFest 2019 - Colorado Arrivals

Hybrid View

BACFest 2019 - Colorado Arrivals

Starting a new thread for the arrivals. So, we can keep track of one another.

Arrived and checked in at the hotel at 1:40pm MDT or 19:40Z. I’m on the ground floor Room 131.
    John Redmon
    East Central Regional Director
    '78 Sierra N18981
    KMQJ
    McCordsville, IN

States visited with N18981
    & Boots on the Ground!
    (No fly overs or touch-n-goes)

Redcoats (Jerry and Ruth) lurking in hotel since Sat evening, checking out locality and that colonials have things under control. In room 530. Already survived an adventure here with Tom and Margie Corcoran up to Pikes Peak.

See you all soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry N View Post
    Redcoats (Jerry and Ruth) lurking in hotel since Sat evening, checking out locality and that colonials have things under control. In room 530. Already survived an adventure here with Tom and Margie Corcoran up to Pikes Peak.

See you all soon
    Did you go "Up on Cripple Creek" during your trip to Pike's Peak?
    Jeff Knight
    Executive Vice President
    Beech Aero Club
    B19 Sport 150
    CF-MEX
    Cold Lake, Alberta

Good news, bad news. Stopped at PMH in Ohio. Great restaurant but no Notam mentioning they are out of fuel. Not enough in my tanks to go to the next airport (where’s Plan B?!). We’re good now but way behind schedule. It turns out we could have gone with min fuel to the next airport, but that would not have left much safety margin.
    Always have an "out"

Bob Prange
    N6928Q
    Musketeer Custom III
    M1070
    Manufactured Nov 1, 1967
    KHWY
    Warrenton, VA

Quote Originally Posted by A23ABobP View Post
    Good news, bad news. Stopped at PMH in Ohio. Great restaurant but no Notam mentioning they are out of fuel. Not enough in my tanks to go to the next airport (where’s Plan B?!). We’re good now but way behind schedule. It turns out we could have gone with min fuel to the next airport, but that would not have left much safety margin.

Bob, I hate to hear that. You were about 12 minutes from Jackson and 10 to Ashland. PMH has been low on fuel for awhile, not sure whats up. I was just at PMH for dinner, missed you by only hours.

Joe Kirby
    Sierra N9299S

Doug is up too! Colorado will never be the same... It's a mouse invasion...

N60003.JPG
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Last check on the weather looks good for Wednesday arrivals by Mouse. Hopefully that forecasst holds and we will be landing by 3PM.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Quote Originally Posted by WeiserDenisP View Post
    Last check on the weather looks good for Wednesday arrivals by Mouse. Hopefully that forecasst holds and we will be landing by 3PM.
    What time are you departing I75, Denis? We're planning an early launch (7-8ish?) so long as low ceilings don't move in overnight. Refueling at 82V so we can color Wyoming in on our map.

TB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland

I wonder if Denis and Tom know how close they are to eachother... Denis should catch Tom shortly...

Denis:
    N9357_2_9_11_2019.JPG

Tom:
    N24TD_2_9_11_2019.JPG
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
    I wonder if Denis and Tom know how close they are to eachother... Denis should catch Tom shortly...

Denis:
    N9357_2_9_11_2019.JPG

Tom:
    N24TD_2_9_11_2019.JPG
    Chris, no we didn’t know. I thought he should be ifront of me, but no idea where. Excellent job of reporting.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser