Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BACFest 2019 Photos

BACFest 2019

More BACFest 2019 Photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nelson finally arrives home ....

I just got home yesterday afternoon from BACfest. What a great trip!

Jerry and Ruth were able to stay at the AMEN RIVER HOUSE until Sunday, and were good enough to spring for lunch on their departure day. Many thanks !!

I headed home from Colorado Monday mid-morning. Temperatures were about 40 in the morning with highs in the mid-70's. Flight home at 9,500 yesterday had the OAT about 52 degrees. Sweet. Now I am hot and sweaty back home in San Antonio. Geesh ... Ahhh, the mysteries of travel by plane.

Monday when I was about 1 hour south of Dumas, TX fuel stop some T-storms started to form ... so I turned 90 degrees and headed southwest, paralleling the scattered line and staying 50 miles away (I still consider "ADS-B in" nothing short of a miracle of technology for the cockpit). Then the entire line QUICKLY blossomed into a BIG yellow/red wall frontal system. Even the majors were complaining. Next town about 35 minutes straight ahead had just been hit and was clearing (Lubbock) with several of us smaller planes headed that way. I told center I was calling it a day and landed KLBB with no issues. For those of you that need a RON there .... I highly recommend Lubbock Aero on the field and an overnight at the Elegante. I actually paid for the room at the airport desk ($80) and it included a free airport shuttle. And a complementary very nice breakfast. All good.

Now at home and having time to post a few photos. Thanks to all for a GREAT trip and GREAT time. Most excellent !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

I have a video I would like to post, but cannot find a way to do it. It says I need a URL. I want to post it from my computer hard drive, not the internet. Is there a way?
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Quote Originally Posted by niechiro View Post
    I have a video I would like to post, but cannot find a way to do it. It says I need a URL. I want to post it from my computer hard drive, not the internet. Is there a way?
    I've been wrong plenty, but I don't think our site can do direct video uploads. The one video I recall was a link to the video on youtube. I think it was lisany that did that one.
    Michael Dunlevie

N9185S has taken me, so far...

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

Speaking of videos, dowe anybody have the video of trumpet Nelson palying the National Anthem? I'd like a copy or at least be able to view it.

While I'm at it, how about the Abel Island video?
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Bob, the Trumpet video is on FB, posted by Greg Johnson so if you're not on FB he might be able to get you a copy. It was moving, wasn't it?

The Abel Island, I have a copy but it's too big to email. Maybe could do by a thumb drive?
    Michael Dunlevie

N9185S has taken me, so far...

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

The video I would like to post is of Nelson playing the National Anthem. Seems like I've seen one before, but mine is with a telephoto lens and I think it shows him more close up.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Quote Originally Posted by niechiro View Post
    The video I would like to post is of Nelson playing the National Anthem. Seems like I've seen one before, but mine is with a telephoto lens and I think it shows him more close up.
    If you have a gmail account, you can easily upload it to YouTube and set it to "unlisted" so that it isn't completely out in the wild.

Another free option is OneDrive. You can sign into it using any Microsoft account like, @msn, @hotmail, @outlook, etc.
    1963 Musketeer M-367

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234