Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BACfest LITE 2020 - May 1st, 2020 - San Antonio - feedback please

HOTEL "FUN" - - - sheeese

All,

Well ….. I am ignorant and too trustfull. When the hotel sites list $83 and $73 as their rates … I believed them. Until I attempted to grab a room for two nights. Ok, got scammed (and now somewhat educated) by the individual hotel web sites. And visiting the "sales person" at the hotels (saying I could give them 18 customers) ended up with an offer of a rate per night that was MORE than I could book on-line. Sheese again …..

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/san-antonio/satat/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=YextLocal-_-EX-_-US-_-SATAT

https://www.guestreservations.com/pear-tree-inn-san-antonio-airport/booking?msclkid=a8e8d7edc659182d0b5389fa15080de9

So …. please …. peruse the two finalists above for our event in San Antonio for May 1st to May 3rd (and any extra days), and let me know if you have any feedback.

I am targeting an "economy plus" hotel close to the airport (with shuttle service), free breakfast, free wifi and also within walking distant of food and drinks. I will most likely have you book your rooms using your own particular methods (I typically use expedia when I travel). Unless there is a significant breakthrough with a hotel …. do not expect a "BAC special rate" for our BAC LITE event.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Nelson Amen
    San Antonio, Texas
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy

Nelson - did you know the Drury family (the same family that owns all the Pear Tree Inn's) also has a Beechjet that they use to commute between SAT - CGI - SUS. Perhaps they need an invite.... and can help with a block of rooms
    Jay L.
    Sierra 2044L Driver

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System
    Nelson: Either will work for us, Pear Tree is Drury whom we like and we are HIE members. None of the events are hotel-based so to your point, we'll make our own reservations and post where we will be. SWMBO will be in charge of that part. We will arrive via ground, will have 4 comfortable seats or 6 narrow-loads available. (Pacifica misleading passenger capacity similar to hotel web pricing)

Rap and Charlotte/SWMBO

Rap McBurney
    N-ONE

Jane and I will plan on attending, and hope the weather cooperates to fly the SD from Georgia. It’ll be fun.
    Greg J.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    ...fly safely...
    M Greg Johnson
    N2241L

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    I'm trying to decide between BAC-LITE and BACFEST. Kinda leaning toward BAC-LITE right now...
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Our intention is to do both. Fly and visit great BACers while we still can.
    Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    ...fly safely...
    M Greg Johnson
    N2241L

You guys are good for at least another 20 years + !
    Fred (fastfred) Culleton
    N6703P-Sierra C24R
    Flowery Branch, Ga
    KLZU Home Base

Beth and I are in...
    Gary Harper
    KRZR
    1977 Sierra C24R
    N18767

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    Is there a list of definite/possible attendees? Looks like quite a turnout!
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

All - - -

New thread coming soon for BAC LITE 2020. I will be collecting attendee info and then create a list of those planning to come to San Antonio. Thanks so much for your interest.

Yep - - I am keeping it simple!

Still working for Saturday options during the day before our supper on the river downtown. Possible spot landing challenge at my airport, possible airport hangar-to-hangar walk, possible look at an aircraft collection here in San Antonio. Or we might just stuff ourselves with BBQ and call it good .....

Nobody leaves San Antonio hungry!
    Nelson Amen
    landed and supported local economy