Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BACfest LITE 2020 - May 1st, 2020 - San Antonio - feedback please

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    It all sounds fun!!!
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Jane and I will be there. We are planning to go to the "Raid Across South Dakota" on April 17-19 in Rapid City. From there we are planning to fly to see the Spruce Goose in Oregon. For the next week we will be flying down the west coast, sightseeing along the way. We plan on being in San Antonio in time for BACfest lite before we head home. All together it will be a 4500 mile trip for the us in the Sierra. Of course we will be landing in every state we fly over so we can add to our map of states visited.
    Last edited by cclindauer; 01-13-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Curt Lindauer
    Sierra N9369S

Quote Originally Posted by cclindauer View Post
    Jane and I will be there. We are planning to go to the "Raid Across South Dakota" on April 17-19 in Rapid City. From there we are planning to fly to see the Spruce Goose in Oregon. For the next week we will be flying down the west coast, sightseeing along the way. We plan on being in San Antonio in time for BACfest lite before we head home. All together it will be a 4500 mile trip for the us in the Sierra. Of course we will be landing in every state we fly over so we can add to our map of states visited.
    Wow, what a trip. Sounds like a great time.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Wow Curt! Fantastic journey. I wish you and Jane fair winds and clear skies!
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Jealousy! Thy name be Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet nelson View Post
    So …. please …. peruse the two finalists above for our event in San Antonio for May 1st to May 3rd (and any extra days), and let me know if you have any feedback.
    Nelson Amen
    San Antonio, Texas
    I sure would love to make this, maybe by the commercial tube. I'll be just out of annual so maybe the timing would work for a nice cross country back to Texas, in our plane.

Sounds like a great trip! Hopefully you will post updates. inquiring minds want to know.

Mary and I hope to someday make a similar trip, but, coming from the south and heading north up the left coast.
    Last edited by GMascelli; 01-15-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System

Maybe an oil change clinic at BFLite?

Rap McBurney
    N8786

I'll try to make it.

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System rgschmi's Avatar
    I'm going to try to make it and I'll probably bring my daughter. She's never been to Texas.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Hi Nelson, just booked:

Hotel: Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Check In: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
    Check Out: Monday, May 4, 2020
    Rooms: 1

Room 1: 2 Adults

Total: €817,41

That's a rate of USD 86,16 per day plus fees. Not too bad...

Our plan is that Elke and I are flying into IAH (Houston) with Lufthansa on Monday 27th - I have to use my first class retirement free flight this year.

Jay, LH service to DFW is only offering business class and I don't like to miss the opportunity to fly one last time in first for free.
    We are planning to visit Waco and Austin on our way to San Antonio.

Looking forward seeing you all again soon!
    Peter

D-EAPS
    B24R
    MC-239
    EDFE - Germany