Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copperstate Feb 6 - 9

I’ll be there Sunday for breakfast if anyone’s still around

Quote Originally Posted by drwhite View Post
    I’ll be there Sunday for breakfast if anyone’s still around
    Dave and his Buddy Burt had to leave this morning due to approaching weather. Kevin leaves tomorrow morning and I just got home (3 hr drive). I did get a few pictures that I'll post after I get them off my phone. We didn't see any other BAC'ers there. Not much for breakfast there anyway. Mostly burgers, BBQ and the like. Sorry Alan, would have been good to see ya! If ya go, take some pix and post them.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Not many good photos at Copper State. But there you are. The weather was a bit brisk Saturday morning, but warmed by mid-day. Some neat airplanes were there. Two Yak50s joined together with a jet under the center wing did an aerobatic routine. Enough thrust to hover vertically. I also I met some interesting airplane people.

Dave & Marty.jpg Kevin & Marty.jpg Copper State Fly-in.jpg
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Marty,
    Without pix, that Yak doesn’t exist. Evidence please!

I see from the pic attached that you are protecting yourself from the Corona Virus. You have switched to Peroni!
    Mark
    In Oz

Where I have landed a Beech

(Plus, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom)

I thought the twin Yak 50 was well known. I saw him at the Reno Air Races a couple of times. He's based just North of me up in Coolidge. I think I might be there sometime. If so, I'll look for it and take a picture or two. The pylon mounted jet in the center has an extra long tail pipe. Probably to keep exhaust off the horizontal stab.

There was no cerveza available at Copper State. That was a local brew called "Kilt Lifter" or locally known as "panty dropper". A bit stout, but not real cerveza, but better than the average American brew. I was driving so, that was the only one I had. It did help with the dust down and of course protect from the virus.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

I managed to get out there Sunday morning (Pics to follow) Everyone else had already split. When Marty says the weather was brisk, remember, that's coming from an Arizonian! I arrived wearing a light jacked but soon was down to just a T-Shirt!

We had to leave on Saturday to beat a storm that was approaching our home base in Colorado and probably would have trapped us in Arizona until today. Made it back in record time thanks to a strong tail wind that had me at 158 mph ground speed most of the way. Tried out my new tent/cot and found it was great for sleeping but felt a little claustrophobic otherwise. I did get to see Marty right before we left and we did get to see Friday's practice airshow. Pictures of the twin Yak (Franken-Yak) are attached.

IMG_3161.jpgIMG_3162.jpgIMG_3164.jpgIMG_3159 (2).JPG
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Copperstate

My photos from Copperstate Fly-In
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12