Thread: FAA Wings fly-in McGuire Air Force Base

FAA Wings fly-in McGuire Air Force Base

Sun, May 3, 2020 - 07:30 EST Joint Base McGuire-Dix- Lakehurst
    3021 McGuire Boulevard
    Joint Base Mdl, NJ 08641

In order to promote safe flying in the McGuire Alert Area (A-220), the 514th Air Mobility Wing Safety Team sponsors this program, which will: 1) inform general aviation pilots about the hazards of flying in busy military airspace; and 2) provide strategies for flying safely in the McGuire airspace. The program includes presentations on the types of military aircraft a GA pilot might encounter in the Alert Area, important information on flight physiology, a tour of the McGuire Radar Approach Control (RAPCON) facility, and a tour of the McGuire control tower. As an added benefit, the event provides participating pilots a static tour of aircraft on the flight line, including a C-17 Globemaster III and a KC-10A Extender. Making the event special is the ability to fly to and land at McGuire Field, a unique opportunity for civilian pilots.

Registration on the FAA wings website

https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/even...EventList.aspx

Is required and a background check will be run.

Thanks for the link! I'll be flying Skippy in with my Niece, who is working on her PPL. I fly the McGuire corridor, ALBEK, KVAY, and N87 on my way to KLDJ once or twice a month.

Lakehurst NAS.jpg
    Blimp hangars at Lakehurst NAS
    Bob Rivers - BE-77 Skipper
    0N4- Dover, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperbob View Post
    Thanks for the link! I'll be flying Skippy in with my Niece, who is working on her PPL. I fly the McGuire corridor, ALBEK, KVAY, and N87 on my way to KLDJ once or twice a month.

Lakehurst NAS.jpg
    Blimp hangars at Lakehurst NAS
    I'm registered. I think landing there itself is cool.
    Last edited by Mouseflyer; 03-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

That is why I signed up Robert... Just to say I landed at McGuire! I lived in Hainesport, NJ for 10 years and flew out of the Flying W and South Jersey Regional. I was always flying in an around McGuire... Today, only occasionally.
    Chris Nowak
    N47 - Pottstown, PA

Level Cruise Level Cruise rkittine's Avatar
    Thanks for Posting Robert. When I had a house in Surf City on Long Beach Island and there were two small airports right near there, I would fly down quite a bit as well as going to Bader Field in Atlantic City when it was still open. I will try to sign up for this as it sounds like it could be a lot of fun. With all the new airspace requirements it is good to get some military area recurrency training.

Bob

Robert Kittine - CFI, CFII, CFMEI

West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C.
    Manhattan and Sag Harbor, New York
    WA2YDV

Unfortunately, due to the virus chaos in the world, this event had been cancelled.

If I see it rescheduled, I'll post again.