Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALL FLYING THE SAME DAY(s) BAC Weekend 8/22 to 8/23/2020

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto corcoran's Avatar

ALL FLYING THE SAME DAY(s) BAC Weekend 8/22 to 8/23/2020

How Many Planes Can We Get In The Air On The Same Weekend?

In 2013 Tom Robertson (TOMTERRIFIC) suggested:
    I propose we schedule a BAC [weekend] Day. This day would be set aside by members for the purpose of taking our Beeches for a flight. Flights can be for 5 minutes or an all day affair. On subsequent days we would write our experiences to a forum here for everyone to see. How many of our aircraft can get into the air in one day?
    So, what do you think?

Today, I don't find a record of how many of our planes took to the air on previous days like this. . However, it seems like a fun thing to do again.

So, I have arbitrarily picked the Saturday August 22, 2020 and Sunday August 23, 2020 for our event. To qualify fly your plane anywhere for any length of time on that weekend. Report that you flew on this thread. Only a short message like "N1234X flew on BAC Weekend" is necessary... or, if you like, write more detail including where and how high etc. Maybe try skywriting that day.

Wherever you are in the world BAC Weekend begins at local sunrise on August 22 and ends at local sunrise on August 24. If you can only go to the airport and touch your plane because of crappy weather we may later decide to count that.

Good luck. Any other ideas are welcome. Tom Corcoran
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IMG_1460.jpg

I can’t do this one.
    We are in stage 4 lockdown for at least another six weeks. The airfield is closed and flying is banned. I am not even allowed to move more than 5km (3 miles) from home, so I can’t even go out to play.
    Mark
    In Oz

Where I have landed a Beech

(Plus, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom)

I'll be hiking in Glacier National Park

I shall endeavor to fly that day!

DD

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto FASTFRED's Avatar
    I’m in. ......
    Fred (fastfred) Culleton
    N6703P-Sierra C24R
    MC-703
    Flowery Branch, Ga
    KLZU Home Base

Quote Originally Posted by markweiss View Post
    I can’t do this one.
    We are in stage 4 lockdown for at least another six weeks. The airfield is closed and flying is banned. I am not even allowed to move more than 5km (3 miles) from home, so I can’t even go out to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwhite View Post
    I'll be hiking in Glacier National Park
    The difference right there is astounding. Mark, sorry you can't fly but all of us that will try or get flying will think of you. I'll be one of us trying to be flying.
    Michael Dunlevie

Where my Beechcraft has taken me.

Sarchasm (noun): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by markweiss View Post
    I can’t do this one.
    Mark, I'm really sorry for you but the upside is : locked at home means you have more time to assist all of us with your tremendous knowledge!
    Peter

D-EAPS
    B24R
    MC-239
    EDFE - Germany

Can someone post the date again. I can always take a quick hop for a Dr. Pepper of a fish taco, but I gotta be on the right date!

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto FASTFRED's Avatar
    August 22-23
    Fred (fastfred) Culleton
    N6703P-Sierra C24R
    MC-703
    Flowery Branch, Ga
    KLZU Home Base