>I think that one is supposed to turn the flat center shank until shear
>but the question is how. I plan to place a piece of round steel with
>a 3/16 slot over the shank and turn the steel round. This will apply a
>twist to the shank as it pulls and eventually shear will take place.
>( I hope )
>The other alternative might be to screw a nut onto the shank and turn
>until the shank separates. ??
>Any suggestions from someone who has installed them?

There are Jo-Bolt install tools. Just like a pop-rivet puller is needed to
set a pop-rivet, the correct tools to install a Jo-Bolt are also important.

Check around the airport. Someone may have a set.



http://www.usatco.com/2005CAT/USATCO...13_HiShear.pdf (page 10)


Bob Steward, A&P IA
Birmingham, AL

Join BAC today and be a part of the ONLY Type Club for the Musketeer series!


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: