Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AEC Donuts - From the Horse's Mouth

Well I might as well ask what is the current price for a std mouse donuts per set ?

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy56 View Post
    Well I might as well ask what is the current price for a std mouse donuts per set ?
    Contact Beech/Textron parts dept, ask for PN 169-380003-7 for fixed gear and NLG Sierra
    Ask for PN 169-380003-1 for Sierra MLG

Be sitting when you get their response.

AECi info, both types available here: http://www.aec-inc.com/display/shock-disc-8-7.html

That;s just a start. If fixed gear you will need a minimum of 4 new Jo bolts at $35 each, or if you need oversized $50 each.

If your NLG needs shims, about $50 if you use the aftermarket JD shims, or north of $160 for the peelables.

If your NLG pivot bearings are worn beyond shimming, $600 each from beech (you need 2) or about $200 from me.

If you need knee pin bushings about $100 per gear leg

Misc parts like flush zerks, $1 each, there are 12 in your gear if you have a fixed gear

BAC tool rental works out to be about $70 with shipping both ways

There;s more, but you get the drift.

And figure on about 20 hrs labor to r&r the donuts, more and sometimes alot more if there has been significant deferred mx.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N8786

I really hope we can get these produced. In the mean time a FYI. Last Jan I just couldn't get myself to buy from AECI after all I read and heard and ended up getting mine from Textron through YingLing. If anyone else goes this way, I always check the price at YingLing for everything. Textron was quoting me $1269 for set of 8, at YingLing their discounted price is $1142.41. Yes this was much more than $740, but I have no worries about QC and am glad I went this route. Textron and thus Yingling have stock. http://cessnadirect.com/product-sear...y=169-380003-7 All that said, I really hope we can get these produced!!!

One last note: The new Lord/Textron donuts (mine had 2017 date code, I think) do not sit as high as I see planes with AECI. No prob for me.
    Last edited by vbfgreg; 09-29-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Greg
    N66313 M-2192

Beech Heritage or Sales Pictures

From above, "One last note: The new Lord/Textron donuts (mine had 2017 date code, I think) do not sit as high as I see planes with AECI. No prob for me."

Below is about all I have for what I would call Musketeer Heritage pictures. I do not suppose one can really get an idea of the stabilator elevation from it.

From the dimension drawings, about all I can see is a ground to prop clearance distance of about 14 inches, (13.5 to 15.0 depending upon model).

As such, we need some brochure pictures to get an idea of factory, but than that depends upon the tyres - the 15" or 17" OD sizes as that accounts for about an inch as well.

Beech Test PIlots.jpg
    1969 Musketeer 19A
    O-320-D2B 160hp
    MB-450 C-GYGP
    Edmonton/Josephburg CFB6
    Alberta Canada

Quote Originally Posted by bbyer View Post
    From above, "One last note: The new Lord/Textron donuts (mine had 2017 date code, I think) do not sit as high as I see planes with AECI. No prob for me."

Below is about all I have for what I would call Musketeer Heritage pictures. I do not suppose one can really get an idea of the stabilator elevation from it.

From the dimension drawings, about all I can see is a ground to prop clearance distance of about 14 inches, (13.5 to 15.0 depending upon model).

As such, we need some brochure pictures to get an idea of factory, but than that depends upon the tyres - the 15" or 17" OD sizes as that accounts for about an inch as well.

Beech Test PIlots.jpg
    Thanks...Actually the picture is quite helpful. Also I'm going to pull out the tape measure next time I'm at the hanger

Greg
    N66313 M-2192

Tired donuts 17.5" left gear leg

I will take pictures of all three of my gear legs similar to the left main below prior to and after my upcoming donut change.

My mains are the 17" OD 6.00-6 six ply and my nose tyre will be as well after the donut change.

I am anticipating the 17.5" left main dimension in the jpg with the existing tired donuts will increase about 3 inches to near 20 inches - well we will see. I am using the "budget" AECI donuts.

Even more interesting will be how much increase in tail height I will have - as to how the plane tips front to rear. There is an argument to suggest the beacon elevation may increase even more than the ground to knee pin distance; hence my larger diameter nose wheel tyre in an attempt to counter that.

Floor to pin distance gear left donuts original.jpg
    1969 Musketeer 19A
    O-320-D2B 160hp
    MB-450 C-GYGP
    Edmonton/Josephburg CFB6
    Alberta Canada

Smile Yes, at least ten knots, perhaps even more!

Quote Originally Posted by BobLewis View Post
    Plated valve covers are known to add 10 knots of speed to the aircraft. I know this is factual as everyone who has done this, when asked for cruise numbers, has returned with the higher value !
    You are very correct. Additionally, everyone I show off the valve covers too knows the engine is well maintained.

Actually if I did anything right, it was painting the inside of the engine cowling white colour, (not the firewall, just the cowling surfaces). Oil spots show immediately as well as carbon and anything else - rubbing and the like.

But the speed increase - yes, that was an unanticipated bonus.

IMGP0834.jpg
    1969 Musketeer 19A
    O-320-D2B 160hp
    MB-450 C-GYGP
    Edmonton/Josephburg CFB6
    Alberta Canada

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345