Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skipper Batteries - Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Unclerap View Post
    14v you can go thru the aux plug. You can also carry one of these if worried about battery dependability.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/STANLEY-6...-J309/14560015
    I carry one of these. Too many airports dont have A&Ps. So it is more like insurance and I can offer it to another pilot in a trouble. This will give you about 30 seconds of cranking spread out over 4 tries. It is compact and light. Comes with a fireproof bag to store it in.

61-XkTGlOYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    J Jones B24R MC-366 N9372S

Orbiting Earth Touring the Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmguy View Post
    I carry one of these. Too many airports dont have A&Ps. So it is more like insurance and I can offer it to another pilot in a trouble. This will give you about 30 seconds of cranking spread out over 4 tries. It is compact and light. Comes with a fireproof bag to store it in.

61-XkTGlOYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I had one of those in the Tiger, used it to drive my ADSb in. Never tried it for starting, have you? If it works they are alot more convienent than the big one I posted.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N-ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Unclerap View Post
    I had one of those in the Tiger, used it to drive my ADSb in. Never tried it for starting, have you? If it works they are alot more convienent than the big one I posted.

Rap
    Yes. Ran the battery down after flooding the engine(new to the plane and poor technique). Let it set for 20 minutes then put this on it and it allowed it to spin fast enough to start it. I was skeptical that it would work but it did. It kicks off after about 15 seconds of cranking and you have to reset it. A safety feature I guess. It is worth it. If I thought I would need it again before getting home, I can recharge it enroute, but I would rather not.
    J Jones B24R MC-366 N9372S

Orbiting Earth Touring the Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmguy View Post
    Yes. Ran the battery down after flooding the engine(new to the plane and poor technique). Let it set for 20 minutes then put this on it and it allowed it to spin fast enough to start it. I was skeptical that it would work but it did. It kicks off after about 15 seconds of cranking and you have to reset it. A safety feature I guess. It is worth it. If I thought I would need it again before getting home, I can recharge it enroute, but I would rather not.
    SUPER!! ALL: Pls disregard post #15.

Rap

Rap McBurney
    N-ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123