Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beech Party

Beech Party

Who all is going to the Beech Party at the Staggerwing Museum in TN Oct. 11-15? It looks like a lot of fun. If you are planning on going please post which days you will attend and which hotel you will be resting at so we can track each other down for BAC gathering.

Here is the link - http://www.staggerwing.com/

Doug
    N18859

I might fly over for the day again; went last year and took Monty with me. Almost solid IFR both ways last year, and the turnout was small. Are you going to stick it on the BAC Calendar as a BAC Fly-In? I think I was one of two planes that made it last year, but we proudly flew the BAC SE Banner.

P.S. I HAVE ADDED OCT 14 (SATURDAY) TO THE BAC CALENDAR AS BAC DAY AT BEECH PARTY! IF SOMEONE CLOSER THAN ME COULD HELP COORDINATE, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFO TO THE BAC CALENDAR ENTRY. NOT SURE WHO NOW HAS THAT BAC REGION.

i was at THA yesterday for fuel. there is a Sundowner based there but i forgot to get the N number. i was tied down in front of the FBOand someone inside said it was based there.

Mike and others, see ya on the 14th. Will have Southeast Banner to fly high.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Rellihan
    NOT SURE WHO NOW HAS THAT BAC REGION.
    Not to worry..Hook da man..

Re: Beech Party

Quote Originally Posted by musesierra
    Who all is going to the Beech Party at the Staggerwing Museum in TN Oct. 11-15? It looks like a lot of fun. If you are planning on going please post which days you will attend and which hotel you will be resting at so we can track each other down for BAC gathering.

Here is the link - http://www.staggerwing.com/

Doug
    N18859
    I'll be there - probably a couple of days. I like the Jamison Inn the best. I am happy to help - didn't realize there was interest - happy to work on making it an "OH ficial" BAC gathering. As many know -- it is one of my favorite fly-ins. Also, Richard and Mary Raper have a Sundowner based there.

My pbase site has info on years past. http://www.pbase.com/shelbyrv6a/

I'll probably plan on Thurs and Sat and watch the weather - also there is a discount on the admission for early reservations.

Shelby Smith
    Nashville, TN

I plan on flying in for Saturday. Has anyone suggested a time and/or a meeting location - maybe the picnic table in front of the original building at 0930? Or, link up 0800 at the EAA pancake breakfast at Winchester (BGF) if it coincides this year and stage a formation / group flight into the Beech Party?

Chuz,

I am not familiar with the area so if you suggest someplace then we can meet there. Want to say around 10am or so to give time for us to fly in that morning.

Doug

Suggest meeting or link up time of 1000 (central) in front of the Eddie Ross Restoration Center - picnic table by the split rail fence. I'll be there.

Sounds good to me.