Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Fly In to Gastons in Arkansas 3M0 and BPK

3rd Annual Fly In to Gastons in Arkansas 3M0 and BPK

Just over 1 week until the big fly in to Gaston's.

I should be in town Friday night with a rental car if you intend to fly in to BPK and need a ride to your hotel or to the resort. Just let me know.

Last that I heard, Mike Rellihan has a table reserved for Friday night dinner at the resort.

So we will plan to see you Friday night for Dinner, Saturday before and after lunch, or both.

Let us know if you are coming Friday or Saturday and if you are staying at the resort or in town.

Thanks
    Jay

RON & VI POWELL WILL FLY IN SAT. MORNING UNLESS NOT VFR!!!!! WE WILL BE STAYING AT GASTONS SAT. NIGHT AFTER DRIVING IF CANT FLY? LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERONE & HAVING SOME GOOD TIMES

Can you camp on the airport next to your plane?
    We have a fly in at Apalachicola (AAF) but have had no responses yet. My alternative plan is to attend Gaston if Doug doesn't get any responses soon. If I go with the alternative plan, I know it is too late to get a hotel - besides, I'm cheap and love to camp - why I spent 20+ years in the military - where else can you get paid to go camping and shooting all the time?

Nice lookin bird, for cheap livin..if you ask me..

The resort is in the business of renting their cabins, so I'm guessing that they would frown on camping. It is definitely not too late to get a hotel in town though. And it would be reasonable also.

I am not familar enough with the area to know where you would be able to camp. If I come across something, I'll post it back here.

Isn't it just about too cold for camping?

Jay

Thanks for the compliment on the toy.
    It's still above zero although I have not been out in that kind of temp in a loooong time. A cabin would be nice too - and the spousal unit would much prefer that anyway.

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System
    Bill Manhein are planning to fly up Friday and stay until Sunday. We both have reservations at Gaston's. But if you don't do a better job with the WX than the last couple days I'm not sure I want to christen my brand new instrument ticket in 2SM TSRA OVC004

Even with Bill to second-guess you?! How much trouble could you get in? You don't even have retract gear....

I now have a dinner table for ten, reserved for 7PM, on both Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday night will be our 39th anniversary.

I will be there but it will only be me. Dusty and Brandy will be at a horse show in Edmond, OK. Will be there about 8:00 - 8:30 Saturday departing Saturday evening. Looking forward to it.

Dave B

I don't want to jinx anything here, but... Do you think this weather pattern could stay around that long? I'm thinking that it should be good by then (maybe).

by the way, if it is TSRA OVC00004, then you won't find me around there that is for sure.

But with the rain we have been having, you might plan on taking a little bit more of the strip back home with you. It seems like it is really hard packed and drains well.

I will be calling up there and checking the condition of the turf on Thursday or Friday. I will post it back here.

Jay