Thread: Blues' Homecoming at NAS Pensacola

Blues' Homecoming at NAS Pensacola

Hey Mousketeers,
    Anybody joining me at 0930, Saturday? We are meeting at ferguson Field 82J. I have had two responses and one later declined. Some fly-in, eh?
    Chuz
    BAC SE Region Director

we may have to start offering $$$ to every plane that flies in to events. Maybe members can start offering suggestions for what they would like to see for fly-in events. Events in the past have included:
    1) breakfast
    2) tours
    3) workshops
    4) gatherings to just relax
    and more...

We have over 400 members and should be having at least two events a month for members to attend so a single event will not be too crowded. Come on everyone.. If you haven't been to a fly-in in the last six months then start offering suggestions on what you would like to see.

Doug
    N18859

Quote Originally Posted by musesierra
    we may have to start offering $$$ to every plane that flies in to events. Maybe members can start offering suggestions for what they would like to see for fly-in events. Events in the past have included:
    1) breakfast
    2) tours
    3) workshops
    4) gatherings to just relax
    and more...

We have over 400 members and should be having at least two events a month for members to attend so a single event will not be too crowded. Come on everyone.. If you haven't been to a fly-in in the last six months then start offering suggestions on what you would like to see.

Doug
    N18859
    What I like is something ELSE to do besides sit around and talk about airplanes. While going to airport X for a get togther sounds like fun, after one or two it's hard to part with the $4.00/gal avgas without some OTHER attraction.

So to give an idea the distances next to the list is what I will go for that activity

1) breakfast 50 Miles
    2) tours 100 miles
    3) workshops 100 miles
    4) gatherings to just relax 50 miles
    and more...
    Not listed but Airshows rate about 150 miles.

At 10 gal per hour, that's about $40, $80, $80, and $40 respectively.

I don't consider myself cheap or overly frugal, but if all there is is badly cooked pancakes or chit chat, it had better be near.

Now if someone said the next fly-in is in New Orleans or Nashville or some such where there's other stuff to do...then I'll certainly consider it a higher priority. And I'll tend to stay overnight as well.