Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BAC Fest 2007

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System

BAC Fest 2007

We have some great plans underway for BAC Fest 2007. Would like to hear who expects to be there and what they'd like to see and do while they're there.

RELLIHAN NOTES!

1- If anyone besides Paula and me will have a pet with them, you might want to check my latest plans update. Ditto if you will need a rental car. Posted May 14th, 2007.

2- I have been doing some ongoing 'clean-up' in this Topic, trying to keep it short enough for folks to scan for potentially important tips (member help, etc.). At one point the Topic had reached five pages. As the date nears, I suspect we will have a last-minute flurry of posts; I am trying to prepare us for that. If anyone has concerns that I have deleted really important items, which had not become outdated, please let me know. Posted August 10th, 2007.

Myrtle Beach will be a great place for a family vacation. October may be a bit chilly to be splashing in the ocean, but temperatures should be pleasant enough for some beach time! Would be interesting to know how many youngsters may be attending so we can look into additional activities.

2116 NM Great Circle distance from Paine I hope to make it again this year. It will be a good way to build hours this year

Just saw the notice in MM. The conversation went like this:

Me: Well BAC Fest 2007 is set.
    Redhead: Where?
    Me: Myrtle Beach, SC.
    Redhead: Good Spot. (Frowning) When?
    Me: Mid October.
    Redhead: Hot D**n! Perfect!

PT Points

This may well be the year the PT Point winner is from the west side of the country. That will teach you to have BACFest just about as far away as it physically could be.

I did a great circle from KAPC to BACFest and I actually beat Don out by 1.5 NM. I'm thinking of attending. I'm also thinking about Oshkosh (if my annual is done in time), so get that on the calender too.

The Southwest Group is going to do at least two fly-ins this year, hopefully three if we can make Baja happen. Some of our Northwest Region members attended Napa last year. I hope to return the favor at one of their events this year.

Yes, the bar may be high for PT Points this year.

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto corcoran's Avatar
    If Brad Mitchell will bring a bottle of Kentucky's famous Makers Mark, I will bring a bottle of Massachusetts' famous Sam Adams beer and a can of baked beans to trade him at Myrtle Beach.

I will be in disguise of course due to the local memory of some really exotic fun I had one time in MB after an exceptional round of golf.

Remember that the AOPA Expo will be in Hartford Connecticut during the first week of October. Hang out in Delaware for two weeks and do both.

Thomas A. Corcoran, Boston - Alive and interested

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System
    Tom, Brad's moved up to Woodford Reserve. He even brought some to BAC Fest last year. We started a tradition at BAC Fest last year. You've got to bring some of your local hooch, grape, brew or whatever and let everyone sample.

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto corcoran's Avatar
    Brad Mitchell,

Your guts will flip for some of Prince Edward Island's "Potato Moonshine" made back in the woods during the winter. 190 proof, about as stable as nitroglycerin. Almost as flavorful. You drink it by the cc outside.

OK, back on topic... Myrtle Beach, Grand Strand, golf everywhere, airplanes... sounds like a great mix.

Cloyd, Lets have a list of awards to work towards. Lets invite Oz, the two legged species of goat.

I bring some "shine" to the Bristol Race every year and it's a BIG HIT.. I'll do the same to BAC FEST.
    I prefer Balvanie Double Wood myself. Neat of course.
    Dr Bill
    N9230S

All right all you moonshiners. Here in Kentucky we're taught to pour a sample from the Mason jar into a spoon. Light it with a match. If you see a blue flame, it's OK to drink. If not, it's best to throw it out.

Does that little test hold true in other parts, or just in the hills of Kaintucke?