Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinner Back plate

Spinner Back plate

I need to replace my spinner and back plate. We found a spinner for
    $350. Cannot seem to find a back plate. It is a fixed pitch prop on an
    A23-24.

Any suggestions as to where to find one of these?

Thank you

--
    Braden Messenger
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    C-GNCX (1966 Beechcraft A23-24)

Further to my previous post...

Part numbers I am looking for are...

Hi Braden,

The spinner is P/N 169-910030-21 and the Backing plate is 169-960011-17
    or 23.

I have a chrome spinner and back plate for a '78 Sierra. I don't know if a spinner for a CS prop will work but if it does, shoot me an email and we can work something out.

Chris L.

Aircraft Spruce Part # 05-07445 requires minimum modification to be a perfect replacement. In the US this can be done under FAR 21.303(b)(2). The end result is a much better spinner assembly that features rolled (doubled) areas in the sections that are prone to cracking.

If you want more info, e-mail me at edweaver2002 at yahoo dot com and I will give you more particulars.

Total cost is about $500.00 US for the entire assembly, plus minor modifications and prop R&R.

ED

Ed,

Can you double check that part number. I looked it up, and it's a Wing Rib for a Piper.

Ron Sellers

Sorry, I fat-fingered the number. Just checked the invoice. Part number is 05-07745. Cost was $426.95 plus $8.99 freight.

Mine is a 67 A23-24 with McCauley prop.

Ed,

In your opinion, would the ACS back plate (05-07740) work with the existing spinner dome? My spinner is fine, but the back plate is not long for this world - probably due to the fact that the prop has to be removed any time the cowling needs to come off.

I have a kit to allow me to split the nose cowling, which will be installed the next time the prop has to come off, which hopefully won't be until the annual in June. I'd like to replace the backing plate at that time. The Beechcraft part (169-960011-17) is a special order item at $793.72, and they say delivery could be 4/6/07. My experience with their delivery estimates is that it could be in 2008. Aircraft Spruce shows the back plate for the kit you described at $141.95, and it is available. What would you have to modify to make it work?

Ron Sellers
    A23-24

No, the back plate alone will not work. The entire assembly will be necessary .

With some recent discussion about the Super spinners cracking, I thought I'd revive this thread.

I really don't care for my spinner, it's dented and ugly, has some previous repairs I think are suspect, and I'm pretty certain it will not last long.

Looking at the pictures of N4TC / MA-9 that was recently for sale, I'm pretty certain it has one of these above, or a Cherokee 180/Grumman Tiger spinner installed.

Looking at at the relatively inexpensive spinners out there, this one seems to fit the bill.

I'm off to read the FAR referenced above.
    Last edited by Liberalite69; 02-18-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Daniel Rathbun
    N7991L
    A23-24 Super III
    KMAF

Quote Originally Posted by Liberalite69 View Post
    With some recent discussion about the Super spinners cracking, I thought I'd revive this thread.

I really don't care for my spinner, it's dented and ugly, has some previous repairs I think are suspect, and I'm pretty certain it will not last long.

Looking at the pictures of N4TC / MA-9 that was recently for sale, I'm pretty certain it has one of these above, or a Cherokee 180/Grumman Tiger spinner installed.

Looking at at the relatively inexpensive spinners out there, this one seems to fit the bill.

I'm off to read the FAR referenced above.
    Any results for your research, Daniel? My Super III spinner cracked today, so I am also in the market for a replacement.

CB
    Summer 2016 - CleoBen has taken off or landed in each of these states plus EISG in County Sligo, Ireland